Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can slaw and Iron Audio

MikeLab

I probably shouldn't even be posting this I am so rusty. Went out this afternoon and spoiled a nice day digging in frozen ground. LOL It was brutal. Kept hitting can slaw. I know I can uisually avoid most of it because it gives a loud sound. But since I am so rusty I dug anything I could find. I don' t know, but I noticed every time I was getting a slight amount of Iron Audio low tone on every can slaw I dug. I don't know what to make of it. Even the frozen dirt I dug up was giving some Iron Audio. Hurry up Spring before I lose it.

Not that that sounds bad. What were your setting? Could you have had the Iron Audio turned on? You'll have to post the settings. I'd love to know whenever I hit can slaw.

I was running Iron Discrimination at 40 and had Iron Audio on. It was not much low tone, just enough to say "Yes, I hear something."

Iron Audio changes the tones you hear. Try watching the Garrett videos for a better understanding than I can try to explain. I don't run with iron audio on, just when I hit a questionable target and back off again.

With the Iron Disc set at 40 and your Iron Audio "on"...it's basically the same as having no Iron Disc at all... Set your Iron Disc at whatever and only use the iron audio after you've found what sounds like a good target. swing over it it with and without the iron audio on...this can help you determine what type target you may have at times.. But, there are times when there will be a good target mixed in with iron.....so it never hurts to dig it anyway..

Typically if you get a loud tone that you suspect is trash you can raise your coil 10-12 inches off the ground. If you are still getting a good tone you will know it is something large like a can. A can burried 8 inches deep can show up as only a few inches deep on the screen. The machine is designed to work best on coin size targets. If a coin is a few inches deep and you raise your coil off the ground a foot it will be silent.

The can slaw gives a small grumble from Iron Audio. One thing about the slaw, it usually is scattered over an area. Once you hit one piece it alerts you there is probably more in that area. The theory of digging everything works in some places, but in city parks there is just too much trash for me. But with tht AT machines being able to separate out the trash it's not a bad idea to really do a thorough search around and between the slaw.