Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN X-Y VISUALIZATION

Can anyone explain the X-Y visualization and how do I get to it and use it! I can't find it In the 2.0 book or my digital kindle 3.0 copy of my book. If its in there ANYWHERE please help me out with a page number!! Thanks in advance

According to Alain at XP himself, this is not an "official" function but rather a screen for technician use - it along with the Multi Target ID (Multi TID) screen provide information that can help some users under certain conditions but neither are covered in the manuals . . . . there is a section in the new book on how to use them and what hey can be used for.

Some have swron they are the only option they use at all times but really, for most, that is not a recommended option. But if it works, then that's all that matters.

As far as what it shows, you can see if the target is ferrous or non-ferrous in nature, the approximate depth and no based on some input from testing I was involved in during the V3.X development, have the TID value shown as well as not loosing the function when you enter the screen as happened in V2.0.

Andy

Ok sweet and the multi function target I can't find in the V3 manual either, I wish I knew how to use them it sounds similar to target trace on the CTX which is a function I like very much

Bav24502 said:
Ok sweet and the multi function target I can't find in the V3 manual either, I wish I knew how to use them it sounds similar to target trace on the CTX which is a function I like very much

Neither are in the manual . . . . . . but they are covered in the book ( :blush: )

The X-Y screen is similar to the Polar Plot function on the White's V3 series and somewhat akin to the Target Trace function on the CTX. The Multi TID shows what is under the coil real-time and is adjustable in terms of what signal strength it takes to trigger a display as well as the sampling period

Andy