Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can someone tell me why??

larryk56

Looks like I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a F70 which I really like
from all the information that has been shared by other F70 users.

I see most places are selling it for about $649 list price - for F70

But then, I see the F75 being sold at a list price of $590 ?

If the F75 is a detector one step ahead of the F70 - why is it being sold
at a lesser cost.

Seems to me that they are trying to get rid of inventory or something?
What am I missing here?

Think they have a hard time selling F75..because of the F75 LTD............I think The F70..is a great detector....You can turn Threshold up or down...I think it is Fishers ..Sleeper!!!

I can't tell you why but I recently bought a new F75. I consider it a great buy for the money. It will hunt places my old Omega has difficulty with and I love the Omega. Now I have a hard time leaving the F75 behind.

The anniversary edition F75 is better than that.
I believe they extended the deal where they are also throwing in a large 15" coil and a battery charger till the 13th of this month.
If you get your order in by then to a dealer you can get it all...and many dealers are actually selling this thing for $500....if you call them.

The T2 classic came out about a few years ago if I remember, a unit with some of the newest technology but missing just a few of the features the fully loaded LTD units have...kinda a T2 Lite.
The key to this deal was its price...$499.
I am assuming they sold a bunch and by adding this they had another unit that preforms well in the higher end lines.
From my experience in retail generally for most companies to come out with an almost fully loaded product close to the level of a flagship model at a heavily discounted price would be crazy, all you would do is steal sales away from the top line more expensive model.
You might sell more volume but how much more, really, and you make less money selling the discounted model.
If it doesn't go well you might just make less money when all is said and done.
The thing about this hobby, however, is there are all kinds of different hunters with all kinds of different ways they think about their tools.
Some are just entering and they would like way more features than the entry level units but don't or can't spend the money for the top line units.
Some are upgrading and the features/benefits ratio of these close to top end but still mid-priced models are attractive.
Some are the kind that when they go in on something they go in all the way, go big or go home kind of thinking, or are successful veterans that when they choose a tool to find targets nothing else but the best will do...even if they don't use all the features.
Or at least they believe having all the whistles and bells at their fingertips will be a great advantage and well worth the higher price.

Because of all this in this hobby it make sense for companies to offer all these different versions because they all sell, you just have to watch your numbers and not over-manufacture the slower selling models.

I think they did so well with the T2 program that eventually they came out with a similar program for the F75.
The $500 version has DST, most of the newest programs and features but lacking boost and cache which lots of flagship owners never used anyway.
Some wouldn't hunt with this thing without boost if you paid them so they all still sell, as I said different strokes for different folks.

Honestly the T2 classic and the Anniversary F75 are two of the best values on the entire market today...dollar for dollar considering the features you get.
This basic deal might not last forever but the T2 classic offering has been going on for awhile and many have bought the F75 deal since it started and seem happy and satisfied...shocked sometimes even at what they can do.

The big extra coil and charger they threw in for Christmas sales is about over though...unless they extend it again ya got 3 days to get your order in if you want those extras for free.

Hello larryk56,

I totally agree that the current F75 gold with all the upgrades (minus boost, cache process), is one of the best current detector values available!

The F70 is a very good detector, no doubt about it, the F75 is just more bang for the buck right now, IMO.

I have a CTX among my current machines, but, I just couldn't pass up the value of the F75 gold at $500!

The F75 gold I purchased in mid Aug. 2016, had a build date of mid July 2016 according to the serial #. That's pretty much fresh off the production line, taking into account time to ship to the dealer and time in their inventory, so the theory of dumping warehoused units isn't valid.

I have no regrets in purchasing my F75 at the current price!

Here the price differences between the T2, F75 gold and the F70 are even more bizarre. The T2 classic is only about 50$ less than the F75 and the F70 (with concentric coil) is about 200$ more than the F75. It puts the latest F75 in a very advantageous position. I wonder if the deal will last a long time. Tempting.

I think the big difference in the F70 and the F75 standard has nothing like the SL processor.

The F70 has DE and SL which is somewhat like the boost processor on the F75Ltd.
The F75 has neither the SL or boost.

If I was looking for a detector right now I would take the F70 over the F75 standard.

Ron in WV

I have an F70 and have just started realizing the benefit of the SL (or boost mode). I recently have been hunting in the woods behind my house, mainly just looking for headstamps and whatever else might come up. Not much trash, but 2"-3" layer of fallen leaves. This is where the SL mode shines. I've had good solid signals while in SL and just for the fun of it switch over to DE and barely anything. However there's not much trash in the woods where I hunt. If you're in a trashy area DE shines as the separation seems much better. Another place for SL would be a hayfield where you can't get the coil close to the ground because of the hay stubble. If I were to get a new F75, I would want the boost mode and would go for the F75 Ltd. if I could swing the funds. If not, the regular F75 DST would be my choice over the more expensive F70. However, if they were the same price (F75DST and F70), I would probably go with the F70 since it has that SL mode.

I guess what it comes down to, is the preferred uses of the purchaser. There is always trade-offs between models.

If added depth of detection is a priority, an F75 Ltd, with Boost/Cache process is an option, but, at about $500 more than the F75 gold (at current prices). Or, as said, the F70 with SL process will get you a bit more depth, but, at a couple hundred dollars more. Plus, you will trade away the new FA (Fast Process) of the F75, which gives lightning fast audio response for separation of multiple close targets. You also trade away the narrower notch segments of the F75 (if targeting or eliminating specific segments of conductivity is your thing). I believe the F70 comes configured with a concentric coil, that could be considered a plus, or minus, depending on the individual. You also trade away one of the best ergonomic shaft/handle designs available. The F75's is bested by none, in my opinion.

That's what makes choosing between models difficult at times. They are ALL good machines, so we have to pick our individual priorities.

F-70

Fisher F70 Advanced Visual & Audio Target ID Metal Detector

The F70 Has Many Great Features. Use it for Coin Shooting, Relic Hunting, Gold Prospecting & More. Powerful Performance
•All Metal Auto-Tune Mode
•Large LCD Screen with 0-99 Numeric Target Identification Display
•Frequency Shift
•Multiple Audio ID Tone Options
•One Touch Notch
•Push Button Static Pinpoint with Variable Audio Pitch and Depth Reading
•Advanced Software-Based Motion Discrimination
•Intuitive User Interface

F75

New Leading-Edge Technology!
These new features make the F75 more versatile with greater depth, better target separation and audio features that will open up your iron-infested sites!
•Ability to activate and deactivate DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI Suppression
•FA (Fast Process) – Improved Target Separation
•Three new levels of FeTone®: Iron Audio Off, Low or Medium (complements existing “High” setting)
•Adjustable Audio Pitch now in the Discrimination Mode
•Embedded Serial Number – Serialization now stored electronically

Fisher F75 Advanced Visual & Audio Target ID Metal Detector
The Ultimate Detector! The metal detecting industry's premier relic hunting and general purpose metal detector.
•Lightest Weight / Best Ergonomics in the Industry
•Powerful Performance Trigger-Actuated Target Pinpointing with Variable Audio Pitch
•Large LCD Screen with 0-99 Numeric Target Identification Display
•Double-Filter Discrimination Modes for Searching in Trashy Areas
•Magnetic Mineralization Bar Graph and Readout
•Trigger-Actuated FASTGRAB™ Ground Balance
•Non-Volatile Memory Saves Settings
•Backlight – For Low Light Hunting Conditions
•Low Operating Cost – Typically 40+ Hours with 4-AA Alkaline Batteries
•Double-D Waterproof Searchcoil
•Rain Cover for Control Housing & Battery Housing Available

Honestly if I was still planning on upgrading from the F2 today I gotta say that the F75 anniversary edition is probably what I would be looking at...real hard.
That is if I didn't have 3 seasons hunting experience with the F70.
The F75 top of the line was what I was about to buy at the time but a brand new never used F70 deal at $400 passed my path and I just couldn't pass it up...that one was way above the F2 in features and abilities so I figured good enough and never looked back.
I probably would have loved the F75 and done at least as well as I have with the F70, who knows... maybe better, but I don't regret one minute hunting with my ultimate choice.
Sometimes it is a matter of what you don't know you don't miss, some the options the flagship has seem nice but since I never used them I don't miss them.

Since I have had so much experience and have studied up and talked to owners of the Anniversary model I can tell you honestly I couldn't switch now if I had the chance, the features of the F70 seem perfect for me or at least I got very comfortable with how it works and can be set up.

Not that I am saying one is better over another at all, but here is a point of view of one rabid F70 user and a few reasons why knowing what I know now I would still stick with the F70 vs. the Anniversary edition F75.

The SL, (boost), speed.
I don't use it all the time but I do use it a lot.
Sometimes when I did it might not have made a difference, a few times I can tell you for sure it did so I am glad I have it available.

The two completely different programs available to me at a single touch of a button.
I know the F75 can switch between all metal and disc easily too, and that's the way I usually use mine with disc set up on program one and all metal on program 2, but the F70 has the ability to set up two completely different disc combinations also...like hunting with two detectors in your hand at one time.
I can't tell you how handy this was for those first several months I used it because of my extremely anal experimental mode I always switch into when learning new detectors...it made this process much more fast and efficient comparing so many different settings on all those targets I came across for such a long time.

Threshold....you have complete control over this feature in both all metal and disc, not so on the F75 in disc.
Not that it might matter all the time in every situation but I have played around with my settings enough by now, compared what I heard and saw using threshold settings from the lowest to the highest over enough targets, found so many great things while using threshold levels way off of factory levels that I couldn't live without this ability to control this feature as much as I can now...or sure wouldn't want to, anyway.

There are a few pretty cool things I think it would be nice to have.
The ability to adjust the frequency of the tones in a few programs might be nice to have, I believe it is on both the LTD models and the anniversary edition.

The one thing the F75's can do that I actually did wish I had on mine is the ability to notch out only half of each section if I choose, the F70 knocks out complete sections no where you set that notch in each section.
There are situations this could have come in real handy for me but since I don't have it, and getting rid of such a big block of targets is not something I am comfortable doing, I rarely use the notch feature on mine at all.

Programs are nice to have for many but I always was much happier setting all my own levels on all features.
I am a big tweaker, love that part of the hobby.
That FA process is supposed to be super fast but I can't really wrap my head around exactly how much faster it would be than the blazing speeds I already see all these models seem to have.
The iron audio choices and all that other stuff seems neat but as I said I don't miss what I never tried or had.
Since I don't have FA or any other process on mine, except boost and default speed, I just stumbled around and got along fune without them.
I still found ways to be shockingly successful in difficult situations like insane iron or crazy amounts of trash, anyway.
You make do with what you have to work with...always.
I don't have those extra programs or features, I don't have DST either and I never felt for one second at any site or in any situation that I was ever at a disadvantage.
Somewhere in that huge amount of possible setting combinations there are many that can make you successful, you just need to figure them out.

No matter which model you choose, get to know understand and love there is way more than enough shear power, features and ability inherent in every one of them to succeed and excel at this hobby.
Not to mention fun.
That feature seems to be part of the basic DNA in all of them.

When I retired and got back into the hobby I bought one of the first F75Ltd machines and it had the boost processor. Then for some reason I sold that machine and bought something else. One day I found a deal on a F75 standard gold model machine. It was a good machine but all I could think of is I wish it had boost, so I ordered a brand new F75Ltd black model with boost and put the standard gold model up for sale.

I wouldn't go back to the F75 standard and I still have my F75Ltd and I had it upgraded with the DST and FA processor.

I don't use notch much so I could live with either half or whole notching.

I am pretty sure I would be happy with either the F70 or the F75Ltd. Also I have come to find out that the F5 is a real power house machine with the 11"DD coil.

That FA processor is okay but it is not all that deep, and it only seems fast it is my understanding it cut the duration of the sound down so it has better separation of the sounds. It works

So I would skip right over the F75 gold model, even with that 15" coil package.

Ron in WV

I get what you're saying for sure Ron. A little extra depth is a plus in some situations.

Like you, I re-entered the hobby at about the same time (2010). I recall in all the Forums, at that time, the "mine is deeper than yours" discussions between brand/model owners.

I have personally found that, the vast majority of my quality finds with any of my detectors, are well within, and mostly, far less than the maximum depth capabilities of those machines with nothing more than an 11" DD coil, including my CTX (which has the 17" coil available), or my F75 gold. I don't have any coils larger than an 11", simply because I didn't see the necessity for additional depth. The boost process, while giving a bit more depth without a larger coil, comes at a pretty steep price, at current pricing.

For my purposes, I simply looked at the cost/benefit factor for my detecting preferences. The current F75 gold, with all the upgrades, I view as a tremendous value. With the included 15" coil, even more so! I just didn't see the value/benefit of paying $500 more to have the boost process in the F75 Ltd at current prices. Prior to the current price drop, the price differential between the standard F75 and Ltd with boost, was only a couple hundred dollars, which was a bit more reasonable, from a comparison standpoint IMO.

I guess that's where my comment about it depending on the preferences of the purchaser apply. I find that I prefer good separation/ID at up to 10" of depth, as that is where the overwhelming majority of my finds are. The F75 gold with it's 11" DD coil gives me that, and more, very adequately. I guess IF I were looking for more depth I would buy a larger coil for less than $200 and take my chances, I don't see the need to do so, for my purposes anyway.

That's the nice thing about having the choices in different models/features. One of those models will provide at least most of the preferred features for prospective purchasers to serve their needs.

I agree that the F5 is indeed a nice machine! A very good and unique set of controls and user information! I wish all machines had a ground phase value, and ground balance value readout to monitor changing conditions!