Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can speaker be heard underwater?

pine3874

With the speaker at full volume, can it be hear with the control unit underwater and user not underwater? I'm talking about a calm fresh water lake, not the ocean. If so, how deep underwater before no sound is heard? Don't have one to test. That's why I'm asking.

I am guessing that after it floods it will make no sound just like the CTX. Hopefully I am wrong.

It depends on the design of the speaker, but most likely it will not make any sound. Sound is caused by vibration and the density of water would require a far more powerful speaker driver than it probably contains. If it has a sealed member that leaves an air pocket around the speaker cone, it could transfer sound from the speaker through the water, but it probably doesn't have that either.

Yes. Witness the AT series from Garrett. Now Minelab put a speaker cutoff on the CTX, so in that case no. My *guess* would be they did the same on the EQ. They gotta sell some overpriced accessories somehow! Lol..