Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can the end be near :stars:

I got the email too. I'm on vacation this week, so I'll have it by the time I get home. Hopefully my G2 performs as well as the F75 with this coil. Looking forward too getting it.

That's great guys!----Please keep us posted as to how you like it for weight, balance & most important of all, performance on the GB/G2's.

I called home and my coil is there. I just wish I had it with me now. This is the last day if vacation, so tomorrow I'll be back home. Like I said before, if it works as well as the one I have on my F75, I'll be happy. I'll let you all know what I think about it after using it a couple of times.

Hobbyist said:
Eagerly awaiting your reports on the coil's performance on the G2/GB Pro :thumbup:
i hope tair bad lord dont make me spind 200.00 dollers !!!!

I've done a little air testing with my coil on the G2. It doesn't pick up targets as far away as my F75, but I expected that. But it does a lot better than the stock 11 inch coil. It's definitely not a coil that can be used in the woods. I haven't had a chance to field test it yet because of the heat and the ground is bery dry. I have a spot in mind that has been pounded for about twenty years that I am wanting to test it in. As soon as I can, I'll let you know what I think about it.

I just finished doing an air test with the G2. I used a .69 cal. minnie ball. I didn't have a .58 cal. in my truck. Using the stock coil with the gain maxed out, I could still hear the minnie ball at ten inches. Anywhere past that, it was hard to hear. I put the Ultimate coil on and I could hear the minnie ball reasonably well at thirteen inches. The greatest distance I could hear it was fifteen inches, but I couldn't hear it everytime I put the minnie in front if the coil. It is way too hot to relic hunt right now, so I hope this will answer a few queons about the Ultimate coil.

Here is my take so far. . First a air test on a Nickle , about 2 inches over the 11 inch DD coil.
First hunt , i was a little bummed out , thinking coins would jump out of this small hunted out site .
I got skunked, but to be fair most of the coins found here were found when i first got the GB
The site has been hit by many machines and coils and thy were skunked also.

Hunted a field tonight , after some wasteful digging of targets that were to big but was hoping for a goody
i focused on small targets with decent ID.
Grass is growing but got some deep buttons and a deep tine from a 1700s style buckle.

Targets ID is about the same . The weight and balance is very good . I have swung several 12 inch or bigger coils but with heavy machines, making them really heavy
not so with this combo yet but have not had a full hunt yet either.

I have seen some EMI with big coil in some spots . just light chirping , not bad enough to back of from
max Sens that i run most of the time.

Interesting---Would it be reasonable to assume then that a person could expect around 2" more depth on the Ultimate versus the 11" DD on say coin sized targets & minnies (in many hunt areas)?

I think it would be worth buying, but I did notice a little more chattering using the Ultimate coil than the stock coil. But that was only when I tried to air test inside. Once I went outside it stopped. That tells me that it is more sensitive than the stock coil. My F75 chatters and it is a really sensitive machine. I'm no expert, but I think the Ultimate coil is going to be a lot better than the stock coil.

G man and Chick....you guys had a chance to try out that coil in the field yet? Relic season for me is about 1 month away and I am ready to pull the trigger on that coil if it can get me just an inch or two more depth. Help a brutha out....give me a report! Bill

I finally had a chance to try out both of my Ultimate coils on my F75 and my G2. I could not really tell the difference at both sites I used them at. It could be because both sites have been hunted hard for many years. I was able to dig a roundball and a Union cuff button with the Ultimate coil on my F75. I did have a problem discriminating because of the size of the coil. It would discriminate from side to side, but it was hard to pinpoint from front to back because two or more targets were in the coil circumference. I am switching back to my 5 x 10 coil on my G2. I am going to leave the one on my F75 for now. If I knew then what I know now , I would have not bought the Ultimate coil for either machine. Like I posted before, the air test showed considerable difference in how much better the Ultimate coil performed. It might take more testing to find out, but for now, I wouldn't recommend buying one. I hope that helps with your decision.

Thanks chickamauga--I can't speak for Bill but it helps with my buying decision.-------It just seems to me like that coil works better on the Explorers/Etracs than it does on other machines.----I'm going to stick with my 11" stock, 5X10 & 5" coils on my GB.----The Ultimate coil may be fine on the G2/GB for something like beach hunting?---------Del
chickamauga said:
I finally had a chance to try out both of my Ultimate coils on my F75 and my G2. I could not really tell the difference at both sites I used them at. It could be because both sites have been hunted hard for many years. I was able to dig a roundball and a Union cuff button with the Ultimate coil on my F75. I did have a problem discriminating because of the size of the coil. It would discriminate from side to side, but it was hard to pinpoint from front to back because two or more targets were in the coil circumference. I am switching back to my 5 x 10 coil on my G2. I am going to leave the one on my F75 for now. If I knew then what I know now , I would have not bought the Ultimate coil for either machine. Like I posted before, the air test showed considerable difference in how much better the Ultimate coil performed. It might take more testing to find out, but for now, I wouldn't recommend buying one. I hope that helps with your decision.

I have not hunted much this season . The 13 was a little deeper than stock in a quick dry sand test by more than a inch..
I can say the coil is great to cover space like the beach. Easy to swing in the fields.
It can still get then small targets. I pinpoint and turn 90 degrees most of the time with DD coils so that no problem for me.
My first hunt at a small iron filled park got me no keepers , after i though what do you expect , a bigger coil covering more iron per sweep
than before, no surprise .