Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

can the name and info of the former owners registry be deleted without a password

I think you need the password. Say i steal your detector and then sell it, if i don't have the password then i can't put my name there instead of keeping yours. I may be mistaking. But thats how i am thinking. And if you don't have the password then call White's and they will make sure you are the owner and reset it. I could be wrong . GS

yea thats what i was thinking, cause i was gonna buy a used v3i and the formers name is on it but no password thanks for the reply, clad king

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it might be possible but it would have to be done at a White's service centre - try calling Whites to see if this is possible ................somebody correct me if I am wrong

thanks Don, im just gona see if the owner can clear everything before i buy it, i just dont want to go through the hassle clad king

I would have the owner call White's and tell them that they are selling it to you ( name ) and White's will give you a password. Then you will be able to put your info in. Also they can put the left over warranty (if any) in the new owners name. Also if it ever got stolen and need to be fixed and sent to White's it will be sent to you. To comfirm this i would call White's and check. I hope it's true cause thats what i thought about my V3i. GS

Just get the password, that's all you need. You only call Whites if the password is lost. :wiggle:

Then you will have to call Whites.

[size=large]the whole idea of the password is so in case the machine is stolen the first red flag is "I don't remember or I lost the password". The manual and the videos stress writing it down and why. Buyer beware. owners take note if you plan to sell your machine, have the password. The lack of it would be a deal breaker for me.jmho

HH[/size]

If you have the serial number (inside battery compartment) and V3 number (comes up on start up screen), a Whites tech support rep will give you the password. You can then use it in the Owner Registration menu option, enter it on the password line, and gain access to then change the Owner Name and Contact information.

It's a little more than that. Not just anyone with a stolen V3i can call and get the password. Whites will make sure all is above board.

Which it was in this instance. Previous owner verified, current owner in Whites database from previous purchases, and several questions were asked and answered.

call whites they will take care of it had one that was used same deal they helped me out after i give them a few numbers they even helped me replace the past owners name and info and helped me put in mine...