Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

can you use the 3x18 clean sweep coil on the outlaw

Rob in (Ca)

I ask as the outlaws frequency is a little higher than the umax / cortez

Hi Rob.
If it is the 5pin you can use it. Tesoro has now delta and epsilpon divisions. The epsilons are for the 10kHz range like cortez and outlaw. You'll see all detectors you can use it for if you click in their coils section on the epsilon (or delta). There is also listed how many pins the connector has.

well i tried the 3x18 today on the outlaw , and it don't work ??? .... hard to ground balance, and would not even hit on several shallow targets in my test garden ? and I tried all the settings to ...back to the drawing board ...think i smell a Cortes in the future

I have a cs coil for my outlaw. I have used it some but domt really like it. I prefer the 8 inch coil.

I'd try it on a different machine to make sure it isn't a problem with the coil itself as the difference in frequency isn't that much and it should work, giving 4 - 5" depth and lots of coverage. As far as frquency is concerned the 4pin coils for the HOT detectors work on them at 14Hz and the Lobo at 17.
BB

Sounds like it's a little out of tune, and needs tuning to the outlaw, will have to send it off to az,

I tried mine on the Outlaw last night. I ground balanced my 10x12 checked my coin garden. Both coins hit with no problem. Then I put the Cleansweep on and it ground balanced close to the other coil. The dime hit hard in disc and AM. the Lincoln hit in disc with disc at minimum. Also hit in AM. this is a new coin garden so it might be that the coins are too new in the holes. Both are buried at 5 inches. The one problem I had was the CS coil did not seem balanced for the Outlaw. Too front heavy. Other than that it worked like designed.