Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:canadaflag:GoldBug SE Quick Test For Problems-Fisher

I would like to know from someone in Fisher Labs, if there is an exact test that I can do at home, complete with instructions to see if my GoldBug SE needs to be sent back to the lab for repairs or is working fine. Can someone there post something. I am new to detecting and am unsure if my detector is operating correctly.

I would love to see that too, but unfortunately Fisher has been pretty quiet regarding problems with the Gold Bug.

Its my thought that posting a quick test will save time and money for Fisher? Inlcuding shipping costs.

....I don't see that as helping any actually. The only test you could do would be to check where the GB point is for ferrite. Ferrite is used to calibrate the GB on most if not all detectors. Problem is that while some people can understand how to do it and to do it correctly....too many would do it wrong and then you would have another problem with people sending in good units that were not faulty in the first place.
Doing a calibration test wrong is worse than not doing it...and believe me enough people would be hasty and get wrong results.
I would like to see Fisher say something on this but we will see. However it would just seem to me that it would not solve more problems than it would create.
I could explain how to check the GB with ferrite myself but...not a chance...it would just be an on going never ending thread explaining over and over how to do it correctly. Not saying you couldn't do it but believe me there would be people that would never get it right.
If you think it is faulty call Fisher. Talk to Felix. Ask him if he wished to explain how to check it....or just send it in. By the time you would get an explanation here you could have it back.
They are sending back the units that were sent in as we speak...mine should be here shortly....so they are getting them done now.

Interesting and logical view Azsh07. Would it be too much to ask to have a video done on the exact method? Thereby limiting any errors? Just my two bits.
I have some gold nuggets on order to try as the only one I have is pretty small. I hope to see how it performs in the field as my nuggets as tests.

Yep, ground balancing the machine over a piece of ferrite and then seeing what the GB number is would be a difficult test for us less intelligent detectorists. Hard to even visualize the concept.

...well not sure if that was sarcasm or not. But either way there are enough people who can't even GB properly on normal soil. These are the people who do the test for no reason and screw it up and then scream on the forums.
The test is simnple.... people actually just don't pay attention and cause headaches.
Sorry...i did not create humanity...I just avoid it.

If you can't tell that was sarcasm maybe you're one of the ones who would screw up the test. Just sayin'.