Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Canadian Coins

Evening all, Something I never thought of before I purchased my Silver MicroMax. Will I have difficulty finding Canadian coins because of the difference in materials compared to the American money? Or metal is metal and it will get caught no matter what.

Thanks for the input.

I've found a few Canadian coins with compadre.

Stop your worrying. You're right, metal is metal and the Silver

Thanks guys, thats what I thought after I posted.

is that if you disc out a 5 cent coin...then you will also disc out all small gold jewelry....so I set mine at the iron setting or even 1/2 up to foil but remember some small gold will be lost at the foil setting too....hope this helps....HH...Tab.

Just don't set the disc past iron. Do the Canadian Clad dime test. Turn up the disc until it no longer gives a signal, then back it off until it does again.
And your good to go. The real test to see how much your missing is take individual clad coins and pass them under the coil on edge. If they don't give off a signal
disc control is tooo high. Coins on edge read further down into the iron range. Becuase no one wants to dig iron, there's a ton of CA clad out there in the ground on edge.
That's fine with me, because I will find them.

I did use a Silver all summer in Barrie, Ontario. Just don't remember if you had to switch to zero disc (all metal mode) in order to get the edgies.
Tesoros are good at finding Loonies and Toonies.
Looks like more Canadians are taking a good look at Tesoros the past several months and finding out how well they do with Canadian claddage.
There seems to be an awaking on the Canadian Forum that I am a regular on. And I don't mind adding to the Tesoro info and finds I have posted there, over the years,
with new and older Tesoro machines.

My favorite Tesoro for CA clad was the Eldorado with the 180 disc, edgies were no problem.. Others say the Cutlass are extremely good. Current model Outlaw is doing a good job from what I am reading.

Overall, Tesoro makes some of the best machines for finding Canadian clad coins................