Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Canadian repairs?

rockpup1

Just wondering,I live in canada.My Gbpro needs looking at-only gets 6" max on silver dimes.Would I need to send it to texas for repairs.
I have heard good about fisher repairs and I have a warrenty,having bought the machine new.Im guessing shipping is not paid for.
I just hope not to get any border charges for some reason,did on my last used metal detector(they charged me canadian GST on a private sale.)
Any comments on repair service be great.

Is that in discrimination mode?? Did you try all metal mode??

Coins hit better in the ground than in the air all machines manufacturers will tell you that. After being in the ground for a while it will leach into the surrounding soil and create a halo effect and makes it easier to see an object deeper and the ground being moist will add to that also giving you even more depth.

I wouldn't just go by that air test.

Where were you when you did the air test, and how high was the sensitivity, and how big is the coil, and was the machine ground ballanced etc. these all play into it due to EMI and your surroundings while doing so if indoors instead of being outdoors.

I personally don't do, like, or trust air tests myself.

I have a test garden with a clad dime at 7 1/2" and a clad quarter at 8". When the ground is damp my Gold Bug Pro w/ 11dd & 10dd hits these. You have to listen for that tiny high tone and check it out. I like checking those out now in all metal. If the ground is dry you will loose a couple inches in depth. Hmm, so if the ground is bone dry it would probably be better to hunt in all metal.

Rick N. MI

Yeah my + push key fails to work from time to time,thats my main concern.I did alot of testing and from my results something is not right.Not even 6" in all-metal mode on a copper penny.This is the 5" coil.around 4-5" max on quarter in disc mode and about 6" quarter all-metal.This is in soil testing.

Steve, SSSSSHHHHHHH, dont let that out ! everyone will want one. :clapping:

I know, Ken...it seems to somehow be a secret, that's for sure; not sure why, but many people think these machines are "not deep..."

Still not sure where that's coming from, but OK... :) Maybe we'll just keep it quiet, and amongst ourselves... :)

Steve

Thanks Steve, I love relic hunting with my G2.

Its so hard to send my machine in the weather has been so warm up here in southern alberta.I have done lots of detecting in modern parks and well I dont really need the depth.
I really have to send it in so I can use it for prosepcting this year and I know it will hit deeper.My soil is very tame and my old compass relic magnum hit 8" loud and clear on a penny

Ohh just wondering if there is any canadian repair guys that can do warrenty work.Im guessing I will have ot send it ot texas.

This is with the 5" coil but still i have heard 8" easy.I will call call first texas,see what they say.
The + key fails to work but then starts to work-must be a short there,but I dont see how that would effect depth.Im thinking bad coil maybe?
I might just order the 5x10" coil see if it gets better depth.

just off the phone with felix at fisher metal detectors.Good thing I called I need a bunch of informatin before sending in.I pay shipping there thats it.I still need to use it for a week or so.Hopefully I find a back up machine soon-my infinium just 2 crazy iron sensative to park hunt with!

Well my machine arived at the factory yesterday.I did some good timing as the weather up here in canda is getting back to normal.Snow storm expected with cooler weather for the next week.I been detecting alot this winter with some sucess-mostly clad but now with the repairs I am hoping for some silver this year.Also a upgrade to a larger coil.I was going to upgrade to a White's V3 but my budget will not allow this.A new coil for my Infinum and gold bug pro is about my limit.

I hope the gold bug repair does not take 2 long.Looking forward to using it with more success in the gold fields.I think the sensativity lacked due to the problems.

Havnt been to busy-no problems on the chat-message me.

Where you at? my mom grew up in Kincaid.My aunt lived in gravelburg.Its neat out there tons and tons of detector sites!!!
My grandpas old farm house is still owned by my uncle.I want to take a trip out that way.The house and barn all gone but ther is a old pioneer cemetary beside it and the old house was a old church at one time.This 2 km out side of kincaid.There was also alot of Indian artifacts found in this area.

I'm in Maple Creek, not that far from your home area, and a short hop to the Hat. Yes, lots to explore around here and I'm looking forward to getting started this spring. The old west comes alive when you actually start handling the artifacts. I'm stoked about spending so much time on the land.

So I'm in the process of selecting a first detector and headphones. A bit of a chore really. I figure there is one top drawer unit to buy and I have my sights on it for my next purchase, meanwhile I need to focus on a more financially practical entry point than a $2K DEUS, so I'm thinking of the Teknetics G2 along with Killer Bee Wasp headphones. While evidence seems to indicate otherwise, I'm hoping to do a bit of yellow rock exploring too. It'll be fun to try.

I haven't figured out how to PM or message you on this forum as yet, it's a bit different from the ones I'm familiar with. Where are you located?

Just outside of lethbridge.I would get the G2 or the gold bug pro.Farms and old sites are loaded with iron trash.Even some higher end detectors struggle compared to the g2.
I have used this unit in the worst iron infested site i have ever seen and it found good targets-was able to use it.Have yet to have a effective machine in this area until now.