Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cannot decide on the Pro or the Gold.

John (Ma)

I will not be gold hunting per say, but coin and Jewlery, relic and maybe some water. Have heard good on both.

I have to tell ya, I LOVE the ATP. BUT. I have been watching a fellow club member, who I have hunted with a little, he has the ATG. Yesterday we were helping a historic preservation group to locate grave markers at a unkept cemetery. I located a Jesus Crucifix, minus an arm and the legs and it was atleast 8 inches deep. I got another very faint signal inches away and asked him to try his machine. He got what sounded like a little stronger signal. He mumbled something, he does that a lot, and walked off. I asked another club member with an ATP using the 8.5 x 11 coil to try. He got a strong signal, I had the 5x8 col on my ATP. In short it seems the ATG is a more powerful machine. It may be my next one.

The same ATG user found a 1847 Grimsley Dragoon stirrup that he says, I wasn't there, 19 inches.

The AT Gold picks up small stuff especially in All Metal Mode if that is what you want. I use the AMM whenever I can.

I'll tell you my story I bought the Pro and the Gold at the same time. I later sold the Gold. It's just my opinion only but the Pro is a lot better ( I found 13 gold rings in 3 months with the Pro/non with the GOLD). I'm not a gold nugget hunter so the pro is excellent. I also did a test with silver and gold. It's about the same except for tiny gold nugget. There's also a few guys I hunt with that got rid of their gold for the Pro too... That's my opinion any way...no you can choose.

No doubt the All Metal Mode has a learning curve. I don't use it in the very trashy areas. I listen for the small narrow,sharp hits then take a glance at the ID number before I decide to dig.

I`ve had my pro for 1 year now and love it!:clapping:

I posted this on another thread. I think there is some amplifier in the All Metal Mode because the small stuff is really loud. If you are not going to use the AMM you might as well save your money and get the AT Pro.

Thanks for all of your input, I appreciate it. Some good points to think about.

I like to hunt around the trash and I use discrimation, something that you can not use as much on the Gold. When I got the Pro tht is what steared me in was the ability to use the amount of discrimation I wanted to use. My two cents worth.