Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't believe I'm saying this but... BIG SILVER!

Let me start out by saying this item wasn't even on my bucket list. Haha never thought I'd find one. Sure maybe someday a silver half if I'm lucky but not a fricken Morgan! Let me rewind a bit , met my hunting bud and best friend of over 35 yrs. at a local park. He wasn't hitting much and neither was I. He kept asking if there was anywhere else to go and really I didn't wanna move since we only had couple hrs to hit it. After about a hour I said yea let's go to this site down the road where I had pulled a silver Rosie a month ago. Now I've been at this hobby pretty hard for last couple yrs and have pulled my fair share of silver dimes, and a old silver Canadian quarter and rings but that's it. No u.s. Quarters, war nickles, halfs ect.
So we pack up and arrive at our destination, right off the bat got a strong signal and out pops a full clip of rifle rounds. First for me. Turns out they are kinda rare! Rem umc 351 slr. Cool find in my book, close by got a old shotgun casing, and a 308 round, still live. My buddy didn't have much luck besides a cap gun and a pocket full of clad. Next I pulled a old plated ring with stone missing, and a unusual strip of sliver. This strip is paper thin with the words sterling and the letters xra and below are 3 hallmarks. A anchor, loin, and star. Dying to figure this piece out. Last was the Morgan. It read really choppy on my at pro and wasn't paying much attention to the numbers. If I remember right it was jumping from low 60s upwards to low 90s. Figured a crusty Lincoln, so didn't bother carefully digging. Did scratch her slightly across the face but from what I gathered she was reeded edge up, not flat and the usual high pitch ping indicating coin was just a garbled whisper. Roughly 5 inches deep, Rechecked hole hoping for another miracle and my propointer sounded off again. This time being careful, I slowly dug and found some big rusty nails which might have caused bad reading. My buddy was in disbelief as was I. The minute I saw it flip over and come into view my heart skipped a beat. Man I love this hobby!!!!!!

That is one Outstanding Find. Congratulations. I can only dream.

Outstanding! The cardio exercise from seeing silver come out of the hole is far better than any benefit from jogging , working out,etc.

congrats! on the big silver. I found one same date. mine was sort of by accident it was in Jan 2012 40 or 42 degrees out hunting a local park early morning figured nobody would be out this early in the cold, but heard something looked over my shoulder & here comes 2 women walking their dog, so if I just turn left & go up the hill a little ways, they'd have the whole park to their self, I passed the 2 trees & got a really load high tone! stood there a few minutes waiting on them to go on by, then dug the target & it was my first & only Morgan dollar. If they hadn't come by I wouldn't have turned that way :jump: It's amazing how just turning away from someone would have an effect like that!:clapping:

Huge! Congratulations on that bucket list find! Great write up on the signal and nails in there too...we will all now be intent on that kind of target!:clapping:
Mud

Very nice old silver $1 coin! It's a big accomplishment to find those old BIG silver's:thumbup:

Nice digs! Such a sweet find. :cheers: