Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cant change Frequency if coil is not connected

mrmetaldetector

As a newbie I thought I would just play with the control module on my front porch and play with the setup. I could pretty much go through everything but when I went to change a frequency I was unable to. So I did notice that the coil would flash and did not think anything of it. When i went to place the control unit back on the detector stem I tested it one last time and low and behold it worked. Needless to say your control unit must see the coil in-order to change a frequency as it is device dependent.

I did not see that noted anywhere but maybe because everyone knew it but me. lol ;)

Jessie

Yep, got to be linked to a coil.

Something else you will notice, the detector (remote) try swinging it over a coin with no coil paired.
Notice what happens.

Yeah
I found that out when trying to setup saved programs without the coil next to me.

And Squirrel...
Dang it now I have to go out to the truck and get my remote :(