Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't decide AT PRO or GTI 2500

ba5online

Weighing the nice display of the 2500 against listening to the different many sounds of the AT Pro.

Which one gives more imformation to dig or not? Thanks

Just master the machine you get and learn its strengths and weakness. Good luck on your choice! HHH

Well, I have not run a GTI but the Pro has been good to me and above everything else is the waterproof factor. That may not seem like a big deal but it sure will be if you ever need it! It's nice to be able to see that hole in shallow water at the beach and be able to wade right in or swing in that stream you came on in the woods. Or maybe you're on a high producing spot and it starts to rain and you drove a long way. If you're as hard headed as I am you might just keep going and not worry!

While my AT-Pro was back at the factory I was on the beach with my E-Trac and at low tide found a fresh thirty foot across hole about two feet deep. I was looking at that spot and then my machine knowing I couldn't take the chance of ruining it. I pulled a visual out of one edge! It was killing me!! Now that it's back I'd of jumped in that spot and made a bunch of finds.

So much might just depend on where and how you hunt. Also consider the weight factor. The AT-Pro is pretty light and easy to swing for me. That matters for some folks like me, means less for others.

Thanks Guys. Bought a GTI 2500. Texas Premium Detectors.

Had one before, found lots of stuff, including a family heirloom ring
that got buddy Ray and I a free afternoon at the Polo Club, eats, drinks
and braggin' rights.

I'll have to tell you the whole story some time. Shoot, I'll just tell you now so you don't get "twitchy" on me.

My best find happened one sunny Fall afternoon in Dallas. I was watching football when buddy Ray called. Seems some girl lost a family heirloom ring in the volleyball court at an apartment complex. Ray remembered me telling him about my GTI 2500 at work and all the neat features it had, but secretly he thought I was nuts. Well, I went over there to find a 20 year old girl, very upset. Through her tears, she told me about the ring. This ring had been in the family several generations and was given to her by her grandmother. I could feel the pressure mounting as there where a dozen people gathered around and they all expected me and my metal detector to produce. Now she knew exactly where the ring landed because she saw it fly off her finger after returning a serve. So I started searching thinking this was going to be so easy. I searched and searched, making a methodical scan and being sure to cover every inch of the suspect area. The imaging display on the GTI 2500 was doing a great job of identifying targets in the all-metal mode and they all gathered around as I dug trash, coins and hairpins. After 30 minutes of cross searching, I went back to question her again. She was worried that I would not be able to find it and told me so as she began to breakdown again. I was thinking, when you have a few brews, things are not always as they seem. So I went to the other side of the court and began again. Sure enough, the GTI found a target around the nickel range. I reached down and pulled out the ring just under the sand. It was about 25 feet from where she knew it landed. The joy was almost overbearing. We're talking about screaming, crying, jumping and carrying on. People where coming out of their apartments wondering what all the excitement was about. Well, just so happens, her family was involved in the Polo Club up north of Dallas. She treated Ray and I to one fine afternoon of eats, drinks and royal treatment. Oh, about the ring. It was gold all right. It featured children holding hands, very detailed. Well, that was the story back at work Monday morning. Ray never thought I was crazy after that, until we bought some trail bikes, but that's a whole different chapter. So buy a good detector and trust what it's telling you. My GTI 2500 made her day, and mine!