Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't decide which one to get.

richbat

Well i have a Landstar and i really love the machine but seems my boy has taken a liking to it as well,so now i'm thinking of picking up another Bounty Hunter and just can't decide which one i want to get so let the opinions flow.Rich

If it was me id go with the tracker Iv I have one and love it .Or if you want a deeper id machine a bounty hunter 3300 or a bounty hunter quick draw II .Good luck from the finds ive seen with all these there the ones to go with.

Thanks Trackerman,I'll keep those in mind.

I've tried and own some others, but remain forever fond of my trusty Time Ranger. Mine is a "pre-Dave" version 2 which was sold from around 1998 to 2002. In 2003, it was changed to the final version 4, which is different from mine in several key areas. I've read in several forum posts that the final version 4 was pretty capable and deeper than my earlier release. I couldn't say until I finally have one in my hands to compare. It's no longer a currently offered model at any rate, so you'd be looking for new/old stock or used..

But for something that's an upgrade to the Land Star, the Time Ranger or Land Ranger are similar enough to have a short learning curve and you wouldn't be leaving behind a lot of what you like about your current machine.

OTOH, there's a whole lot of cool-looking choices just in the current BH/Fisher/Tek lines! I'd have to nail down my budget and then see what that could buy me, just as a way to narrow down the choices a bit.

-Ed

Lots of choices. Do your research and visit various Forums here on Findmall. See what others are saying and maybe ask your own questions. I am partial to my BH Pioneer 505. If I were to get another BH now I might go with the Platinum which I have heard is a great machine for the money. Good luck and HH. Matt

Well ended up with a Fisher F2 for the boy,actually made a trade on here for an older Teknetics 9000 i had for the F2.We had them out on Saturday and my son really likes the F2 and found quite abit of pocket change.I'm gonna stick with my Landstar,i just love this machine and it did pretty darn good on Saturday also,found an 1820 large cent,.925 silver earring.key,lots of pocket change,1 kids toy and something that looks like a knife blade but without the handle attatched to it,it's serving me well,just no gold yet.lol but maybe in time.

Hi ED
I have been seriously concidering a Time Ranger I own a number of detectors including a 505 but have always liked the features of the Time Ranger, the unit I am looking at is a version 4 at a very reasonable price, they were discontinued in 2010, they used to be almost $700 new, this looks like alot of detector for an almost steal of a price, I own a Whites TDI and I am still very impressed with the BHs, it sounds like you are really enjoying the performance and features of your Time Ranger

I'd grab it! The final version 4 Time Ranger has an improved interface. It has three separate modes you can jump between with one press of the button for the mode you want. It's at least as sensitive in its all-metal modes as my older version, if not a touch deeper. Definitely a step up from the 505.
-Ed