Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't Make Up My Mind On What Detector To Use

Hybridcruiser

First thing I would like to mention is what kind of detector I have. (1)- Mark 1 Teknetics (2) AT PRO (3) Compadre (4) Mojave (5) and soon I will be getting a Tesoro golden sabre. Now I know I'm getting old and all and my mind isn't what it use to be lol. Anyway what I want to do is find some gold rings and chains .I'm actually kind of tired of digging up clad coins and zinc pennies. So out of all the detectors I have which one would the forum pick to find the gold with. Thank you for your time! Hybridcruiser

You'll be tired of digging pull tabs & aluminum bits to by the time you find a gold ring!:biggrin: Try a F-19 for that kind of hunting, I'm old also & that's the one I'd pick.---Other than that, out of your list--I guess the AT Pro (or Mojave).
Hybridcruiser said:
First thing I would like to mention is what kind of detector I have. (1)- Mark 1 Teknetics (2) AT PRO (3) Compadre (4) Mojave (5) and soon I will be getting a Tesoro golden sabre. Now I know I'm getting old and all and my mind isn't what it use to be lol. Anyway what I want to do is find some gold rings and chains .I'm actually kind of tired of digging up clad coins and zinc pennies. So out of all the detectors I have which one would the forum pick to find the gold with. Thank you for your time! Hybridcruiser

Thanks guys for your replies and in the mean time I think I will use the Mojave till my new used Tesoro golden sabre arrives .I just picked that machine off ebay for $99.00 + shipping. it may take a week or so to get here. The dude still hasn't shipped it out yet and its like going on 2 days.. oh well the machine looks to be in very good shape so I won't mind the waiting to much..lol

Glenn

Probably just need a new mindset, HybridCrusier.

If I had your collection, I be using the ATPro in Pro mode. It is pretty decent with the 5x8 coil and will let you focus on gold range targets. Just notch out everything above a nickel so you don't hear those distracting clad coins and zinc pennies. If you want a chance at big rings, notch in square tabs.

I don't own one now but I have had good success with the ATPro and small gold in the past in places where EMI shut down the F5 I was using at the time.

Good luck.

HH
Mike

Hoser John said:
Golden Sabre any day and in every way-I hate diggn' trash. John
I hav e the Royal Sabre and actually found a small gold ring with it. I've used it so little the main discrimination knob is frozen on minimum and now has WD 40 sprayed on it! Gotta do better!

Hi, I also bought a Wilson-Neuman Daytona II off ebay for 139.00 with the shipping.as it stands right now sometimes it works and sometimes not .. think there it might be a wire problem.. I really wanted to try that one out for awhile. if I wasn't so old and shaky i think i would mod it into a water detector.in the mean time i will take it apart and see if anything is lose in it..happy hunting!!
hybridcruiser

did most of them come off auctions?. I just bought a Wilson Newman Daytona 2 off E B AY A few days back, it's not working at the moment I think its the batteries their only reading 7.2 volts. I ordered some new ones and they should be here in a few days. I Wish that guy would ship out my Tesoro golden sabre. I believe that is the one I will use most of the time that is if it ever gets here. so out of all those detectors which one do you use the most?

Only an opinion ………….

I would research..find the best detector that does what I wanted to find..Sell the others...and concentrate on being the best with the one that does my style hunting.. In past years I owned several detectors at once.. I was always switching around... You know ..My finds suffered greatly..... Once I settled on the one I found excelled in what I wanted to find..My finds increased slowly as I continued to learn it... I was pretty surprised as I thought I was a detector Guru.. Boy was I wrong...…

Elton said:
Only an opinion ………….

I would research..find the best detector that does what I wanted to find..Sell the others...and concentrate on being the best with the one that does my style hunting.. In past years I owned several detectors at once.. I was always switching around... You know ..My finds suffered greatly..... Once I settled on the one I found excelled in what I wanted to find..My finds increased slowly as I continued to learn it... I was pretty surprised as I thought I was a detector Guru.. Boy was I wrong...…
Man, you ain't kidding! For years I hunted detectors. Now I hunt coins!! I DO feel bad about letting that Royal Sabre sit and freeze up, though.:unsure: I now wonder why I was looking for a magic detector to detect a 3-4" coin!:blowup:

What detector did you settle on Elton?
Elton said:
Only an opinion ………….

The eTrac …….. found a lot of Deeep Silver with it..But only after practice and Goes4ever settings.

D&P-OR said:
Is that all????----And I thought my 15 was a lot!:biggrin:
You think you got problems deciding ...
All those were part of Carl Moreland's collection, a collector does not necessarily use what he collects.