Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cant pick up gold small gold

Lie detector picks up my gold chain and it picks up gold rings but it does not pick up small hoop earrings or small charms I have a safari why does it not pick them up only when I wipe it over the coil goes off but not when I lay it on the ground any ideas

My detector picks up the smaller gold piece's but not the very fine chains. Have you ground balanced it and what sensitivity setting do you have it set to?

While the FBS's are top class when it comes to hitting those deep copper and silver coins it lacks in the small gold class. The nature of the beast.

I've have found small jewelry with my Safari, like small Charms, small cross's, Obvious you must dig (ALL THE LOW NUMBERS) unfortunately that's where all the Foil - can slaw - Tabs, come in at.

The Safari (All FBS Machines) don't do all that good on Micro Jewelry, Like thin chains, with no Charms attached. To be fair most General purpose detectors out there All struggle on Micro Jewelry..... yes there's some that do better than others.

The VLF Gold detectors, like the Gold bug - F-19 - G2 with the higher frequency do much better on micro Jewelry. but one still must dig all The foil & low iron Rage and all the iffy signals. very time consuming task. i'll wait till i'm retired

One thing still puzzles me about F.B.S. machines. A big selling point is the multi frequency feature i.e. 1kHz-100kHz range. If small gold articles (other than fine gold chains) hit in the higher range (which they do) why couldn't the f.b.s. machines hit on them? In fact they should should detect everything! other than the fine chains which have the anomaly of the machine seeing each link as a separate link.

I believe that some users have had modest luck with smaller gold items by using a Minelab Xterra, such as the 705, and a high frequency coil, like the 18.75hz frequency coil.

Yes I have had it for years always ground balance tried every setting and things like hoops 14k earing will not pick up unless i hold it to the coil found gold rings but small gold no good