Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Can't set gain above 39

KyJoe

Anything above 39 will overload. Tried it in several places away from EMI with the stock 11" coil. Still managed to get a good hunt in even at 39 gain. I've been able to run my gain as high as I want previously at the same locations. I'll contact Macro and see what they say. My coil may have gone bad, it's one of the first batch.

My machine also did that. Did you happen to just change/swap coils ?? I switced coils one day and my Racer did the same thing. My problem was is that I have the environmental cover on and the hole in the plastic where the coil cable connects to the machine.......the hole in the plastic was very tight around the connector and the nut that tightens the cable to the machine would not completely seat. I could not go above 39 and the overload was constant. All it was , was that the cable connection was not completely seated in the connector and wasn't getting a proper connection. You might check and make sure it has a very tight connection and that the plastic cover isn't getting in the way and preventing a tight connection ,if your using the environmental covers.

Thanks, I'll check the connection. I'm not using the cover. Also I can try the small coil tomorrow.

Something is wrong time to take it in or try new battery change coil

Took coil cover off and was able to run the gain up. Cleaned coil and cover then put cover back on and everything is fine. There was just a little dirt between the coil and cover but I guess it was just enough even with my low mineralized soil. Small coil is fine, no problems there.