Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cape Cod Finds

Mat in MA

A couple of weeks back my wife and I went to the cape for a few days. I brought my MXT along to check out the beaches.

They were pretty clean except for the usual pull tabs, bottle caps and coins. I got lucky and found over $1.50 in one hole on the beach.

I did make a couple of other nice finds.

One was a pair of glasses which I guess are a fairly common find. The second was a silver ring. Not too unusual. Most silver found is .925. For me this is a first. This ring is a .950. 95% pure silver. I was stoked. There is a small hole drilled through the ring by the hallmark that held the chain. It had to be a very thin chain that broke and I didn't find it in the area.

All were found in dry sand.

[attachment 245620 2012glasses.jpg] [attachment 245621 950ringmark.jpg]

Yes, I've learned from others that this is a platinum ring, my first.

Ain't that a big surprise....from silver to Plat...should have a little weight to it...cash per oz.(1680.00) its on it's way up just like all the other metals...congrats