Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carbon fiber rods

CF comes with the 13" coil. Available extra?
I thought the same. It's carbon infused, not a totally carbon fiber shaft. Looks just like the stock shaft. Maybe a little stiffer.

Is there a carbon fiber lower rod that goes on the stock S shaft?
Yes detect Ed makes one or with a little modification a Legend lower shaft will work I made one works great
Mark

Attachments

• 0A362A1F-C11E-46CE-9AAF-4F00C13D9736.jpeg
    0A362A1F-C11E-46CE-9AAF-4F00C13D9736.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I thought the same. It's carbon infused, not a totally carbon fiber shaft. Looks just like the stock shaft. Maybe a little stiffer.
My CF infused lower I got with the 13” coil does seem more rigid, but then again, I don’t typically swing like Superfreak.🤣
Steves chassis is 463 grams while the stock D2 chassis is 456 according to my postal scale. There are advantages to his chassis. 250$ worth? That’s all up to the individual, but it’s pretty nice. The biggest thing is how he has it set up where it doesn’t take any “thumb stretch” to run the remote. His also locks the remote on, can be ordered for the dive cable to run inside the shaft, way better stand, very nice padded cuff, etc….so it’s 7 grams heavier with the improvements.

Yes detect Ed makes one or with a little modification a Legend lower shaft will work I made one works great
Mark
What mods did you have to do to get it to fit Mark?

Here you go pretty easy

y CF infused lower I got with the 13” coil does seem more rigid, but then again, I don’t typically swing like Superfreak.🤣
Steves chassis is 463 grams while the stock D2 chassis is 456 according to my postal scale. There are advantages to his chassis. 250$ worth? That’s all up to the individual, but it’s pretty nice. The biggest thing is how he has it set up where it doesn’t take any “thumb stretch” to run the remote. His also locks the remote on, can be ordered for the dive cable to run inside the shaft, way better stand, very nice padded cuff, etc….so it’s 7 grams heavier with the improvements.
Thanks for the kind words, AND the information, IDX. There have been some questions from prospective customers recently, as to how my shaft compares, weight-wise, to the stock shaft. I THOUGHT I was within a few grams of the stock shaft, but don't have a D2 myself, so it was hard to know for sure. You seem to have cleared that up nicely.

TWO POINTS about my shaft's weight...

1. I KNEW I was making my shaft heavier, in an "overall weight" sense, than it needed to be, as using carbon fiber as the shaft material WOULD HAVE allowed me to make a shaft LIGHTER than the stock shaft. However, I made my arm cuff about 4 oz. heavier than the stock cuff, ON PURPOSE. Reason being, one of my objectives with the design was to improve the BALANCE of the unit, as the Deus II is a nose-heavy machine, not unlike essentially all modern detectors. My goal was to reduce the weight of the shaft OVERALL, first, and THEN, in the end, move whatever weight reduction I was able to achieve, TO THE BUTT END OF THE SHAFT -- i.e. into the arm cuff. In other words, I wanted the end result of the design to be that the total weight of the shaft is as close to the weight of the stock shaft as possible, but also to redistribute the weight -- moving some weight to the butt end of the shaft. Doing so, by definition, yields a MUCH better-balanced setup, and thus a machine that is more comfortable to swing.

2. My shaft's weight CAN be reduced some, simply by building it to the standard XP shaft lengths. My shaft is longer, in all three sections -- upper, middle, and lower. This was intended to allow taller users to a). have the ability to move the arm cuff back farther from the handle, and b). have the ability to extend the lower rod farther, to allow longer overall "extension" of the shaft. BUT -- that extra length also, of course, adds a bit of extra weight. It's not significant, BUT, the shaft could be reduced to below the 456g that IDX mentioned the stock shaft weighs, just by shortening up the sections back to '"stock length."

Steve