Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carrying case for the Legend - Recommendations Please

Mike027

Hi gang, could someone make a recommendation on a brand/model of padded carrying case for the Nokta Legend? I'm looking for something suitable for traveling in the pickup truck. As you know the coil doesn't rotate on the Legend because of the shaft design so I'm not sure which case would be a good fit. It looks like I can collapse the Legend down to 30 inches or so if needed. I am brand new to the detecting world so please pardon my ignorance on this topic.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Mike

Hi gang, could someone make a recommendation on a brand/model of padded carrying case for the Nokta Legend? I'm looking for something suitable for traveling in the pickup truck. As you know the coil doesn't rotate on the Legend because of the shaft design so I'm not sure which case would be a good fit. It looks like I can collapse the Legend down to 30 inches or so if needed. I am brand new to the detecting world so please pardon my ignorance on this topic.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Mike
this is what I went with for my Legends they can hold two detectors, they also have an outside pocket on both sides that are large enough to put spare coils in and other accessories like gloves and hand diggers, detector manuals

Mike, you have a good logical question. Glad Old Koot was able to help. There is usually someone on this forum that will help you and others. No questions are dumb. Great bunch of guys!

Thanks for the help on this guys. I just ordered the carry bag that oldkoot recommended. It looks like a good one and I really appreciate the response. I also need to purchase a digging scoop for Lake Michigan beaches but Kellyco is out of stock on many accessories. If anyone has a recommendation for a beach scoop please let me know.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!

Mike

Thanks for the help on this guys. I just ordered the carry bag that oldkoot recommended. It looks like a good one and I really appreciate the response. I also need to purchase a digging scoop for Lake Michigan beaches but Kellyco is out of stock on many accessories. If anyone has a recommendation for a beach scoop please let me know.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!

Mike
I went with Nokta/Macros scoop and I will say they are vary well made

Another consideration for a case is Nokta Makro’s case. It has straps so can be used to backpack the outfit in and out and plenty of room for coils etc. Personally I prefer this style as both hands can be kept free.

I use a black and gray padded with outside pockets i bought from kellyco similar to oldkoots but got mine like fifteen years ago to carry my other tesoro aince i didn’t care for the one tesoro had at the time. But i keep the 6” attached with the 11” thrown in.
Whatever works.
Now that i think of it i have two of them one i laying somewhere around the house lol

Another consideration for a case is Nokta Makro’s case. It has straps so can be used to backpack the outfit in and out and plenty of room for coils etc. Personally I prefer this style as both hands can be kept free.
I started to go with the Nokta/Macro backpack until I thought about it a little harder then I thought why would I want to walk around with that thing on my back while detecting, I carry enough crap on my waist when detecting, plus a prospecting pick and all sorts of stuff, That Bunks Hermit pick I carry is heavy and then add a Predator Model 24 Phoenix shovel, I am probably packing 15-20 pounds of extra weight and that is not including the detector, which I am usually carrying, the Garrett 24k and now the Axiom, it becomes to much especially when you are 63 LOL

I have the Nokta bag, which is big enough to carry anything I need for the day and then some….Once I get to where I’m going, I don’t keep it on my back… I would leave it in my car/truck….It depends too on how much stuff you want to carry…My buddy is doing portable, remote, prospecting, with a battery operated sluth setup, and metal detector that he transports on his back, and also has more stuff attatched to his electric bike that he calls “the mule” and travels miles into the woods to reach remote areas…! ….Again, it all depends on how you roll !…Once I get to a site via my car/truck, I can attach what I want to carry with me on a belt with suspenders that’s adjustable made from 2 inch nylon webbing…I can have a water bottle, extra coil, finds pouch, pin pointer, hand digger, knife,extra battery, right there while hiking along away from my vehicle…Again, how much do you really want to carry… I’m 71 yrs old ! My days of back packing a tent and supplies 5 miles into the woods are over…I mean let’s be realistic…Most of the time I go to an area where I’m searching in a grid like pattern, and can walk back to my vehicle for anything I need..

I see what your saying but I wasnt implying one needs to carry the “kitchen sink” as you go. Trying to carry everything in your hands is awkward at times. Finds pouch with a couple waters on your hips is acceptable (as said once your at your destination drop the excess and detect nearby). Set up your detector, have your second or third coils handy, use your plug shovel as a hiking staff and walk balanced and comfortable. I just turned 68 and I can still carry my rifle (7 lbs) and backpack (22 lbs) for 5-7 mile loop hunts. I can pack a quartered deer out on the main frame but elk now require more than me or at least where I can get my ATV in and drag it out (used to be able to make 2-3 one way trips with an elk but I’m past that physically now).
I’ve seen one example where a guy lashed his detector vertical on his pack, but cautioned it didnt work well in brushy environments.
Do what works for you and don’t over stress yourself when hiking in, it just makes it harder for First Responder’s to pack ya back out !!! 😂

Well if you’re used to carrying 20+ lbs just around your waist not including your upper body 12+ hours a day for work day in and day out youve also got an advantage to many others. Alot depends how your body has been conditioned.
Everyone is different in what they “carry” and prefer and at what age. A couple side pockets on my speedos at the beach, my detector and im good to go.

it just makes it harder for First Responder’s to pack ya back out !!!
This reminds me of an article in a gun magazine by Bill Jordan, who at an advanced age was going on a guided hunt into the back country. He was joking with the guide about what would happen in an emergency. The guide grinned and told him they would get him out no matter how many trips it took.

Has anyone used a regular backpack? I was thing a 511 rush 72 that nokta bag is enormous don’t want that on my back.

Google “tool belts”, or search Amazon….The belts with suspenders have pockets and attachments that work well for metal detecting….I made my own out of 2” nylon webbing and plastic fasteners that are adjustable….It spreads the weight around