Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carson City baby!!!!

dreamweaver43

Hit a townhall site this am. Worked thru quick as first hitting a couple wheats in some deep loamy soil. For the next couple hours I gridded off that area listening for those deep hits that I dreamed about all winter. And they came thru loud and clear for the next couple hours. All the targets were in the 6-8 inch range, most were pretty clean hits, a few were tight on iron. Bunch of teen wheats, 4 indians, sterling ring, couple peices of old jewerly, some buttons and a nice 1901 barber dime.

Feeling pretty good about the morning, I figured I would try another townhall a short drive away. With 1935 marked on the building I'm thinking it would be nice to pull a merk out of here. Right off the driveway after a couple of pull tab sounds I hear a high tone. I lock on it, mid depth modern copper penny hit.....so I thought that it was weird that it was down a little. Maybe 1960's coinage? So since I had only dug 2 clad coins at the other spot, I figure what the heck. Dig the plug, which breaks up, set the probe in the hole, nothing...into the broken plug, bang.....sounds higher than a penny. Push the dirt around alittle and there she is.......silver dime? I thought hmmm didn't hit like silver??? Cleaning it off carefully the back of the coin got a wreath, I'm thinking barber now......turn her over......1877 SEATED!!!!! Bent and banged up, but seated none the less.....cleaned her off at home, and she's got the CC too!!!! My first Carson city coinage!!!!!! Only dug 1 wheat after that, but I really couldn't concentrate. I'll be back to that spot again soon....

Seated coins are pretty elusive for me. Hard to believe only 3-4 inches down????

Got to tell the truth now....I sold my SE. Found these with the Etrac. Boys, the only thing I don't like about the new machine is that I don't have enought time on it yet. It's the real deal.......

Brad

Nice going Brad!!!!! Looks like you had an exciting hunt!!!

Great find there! I have a old explorer, was looking for a SE, should I save my money and wait to get the Etrac, can you say you have had better finds with the Etrac?

Great finds again and thank you for sharing those pic's!

CC seated Very nice! Liking the E tank aye? are you hunting in an area you thought you had cleaned out with your SE? Good luck to ya.

Congrats Dreamweaver. So you traded your SE in. Nice finds. I went to that park we went to alond the river last year and found nothing old. My machine was signing a song the whole time I was there so I left. PJ