Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Carvings and Horseshoe

Good evening all. While exploring the woods of Western PA, near the Allegheny River, we came across some carvings on a rock outcropping deep in the woods.
The carving looks like it says
P.CSH.D
July 18. 1691
It could also be 1891, it's hard to say what the second digit it. Also, the J in July is backwards for some reason.
The presence of crosses suggests that it was left by missionaries. There are 2 crosses, and they are by far the deepest carvings. There are also 3 arrows pointing up at the bottom, with some kind of wave pattern between them. I know French explorers came through the area in 1677 and 1749, but those are the only major expeditions I know. I searched the area and only found some bullet casings and a rake. I also found this horseshoe of unknown age. There is a spring nearby and some equipment from early 1900s gas mining. Could anybody give me an idea of the age of the horseshoe? Otherwise I'm not sure how to get an idea of the area's age.

Just letting you know I also posted this on TNET, just for some extra exposure.

Attachments

• IMG_20220430_103520.jpg
    IMG_20220430_103520.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20220430_165402.jpg
    IMG_20220430_165402.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Neat history…….. needs to be researched and as Paul Harvey used to say….. “the rest of the story…”