Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cellar Hole Hunt, Recovery Speed Is Fine In High Trash Setting

Black Davy

I used the maptech site for old topo maps in my area showing houses from the turn of the last century. I can overlay these on Google earth showing potential areas to hunt. I found a cellar hole off of Old World Rd just a few minutes from work. This means I can pack up for a noon time hunt. I scoped it out the first day to see if I could find any of the holes and I did. The cellar hole I found is made from the surrounding field stone, so I am guessing it is at least early 1800's or earlier.

Today I went out to the site. I clothed myself in my bug suit to keep the ticks off since I am a tick magnet. I get about a 1/2 hour of detecting time in and on a site like this I am happy to get one good target. I put my Quattro into the High trash mode so it would react faster in the trash. I also used my 5" sniper coil to limit the amount of overlap from trash. I decided to work around the oldest trees for potential coins but no luck with that. I did find Bell #1 at one of the old trees in the roots about 8

Hey nice going on the finds Black Davy ! I agree 100% on the Quattro . I've had mine now for over two years and gotten many a good find with it . Slow is good cause if the Q goes over it you will not miss the goodies . I think when I decide to upgrade it will not be the Safari . I've always wanted an Explorer so that would be my first choice . Good luck out there ! :usaflag::thumbup:

Nice finds and nice location Black Davy. Love the pics. Yep, I'm another happy Quattro customer, having had my detector for around 4 years now. I've got a room full of relics and coins discovered in all types of ground, and yep, I'm going to say it again, even found in very trashy, high iron, mineralized ground.! Still can't understand why some of the blokes give up so easy on it.:shrug:
Golden:detecting: