Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Change in settings leads to silver rosie and ihp

Larbear2

Got out yesterday afternoon to search a sportsfield with the F70. I had searched this field a handful of times before and came away with one small sterling ring and a sprinkling of clad. The targets seemed far and few between. But the place looked like it had some potential, some old soccer goal posts and two baseball backstops.
So I decided to change up some settings to see if it would change my luck. I went with max disc (65) instead of my usual low disc of 0-6. Sensitivity I left in the 30-50 range, I increased the threshold from 0 to 4 and later went with 7 threshold.
Got my coil over a ‘60 silver rosie and then an 1898 Indian head penny which was in a broken bezel. Found some clad and trash but targets were still far and few between even with the change in settings. Maybe I will try these settings at a few more sites. GL & HH

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 144
Nice hunting. I like experimenting when the hunting is slow and have had similar results. hh rickinmi

I've been running my F5 on max disc 65 for awhile now, I'm a silver coin hunter so with this setting I'm able to listen for the slightest sound for those deep targets. With open disc there is just to much stuff going on.
In my opinion, changing your disc is what made the biggest difference.

I have found that one of the main reasons coins continue to be found in heavily hunted areas is because on a particular day the chosen settings and conditions are what worked for that day. Some of these variables that make a difference are ground moisture, time of day, grass height, direction and speed of coil swing etc. Your chosen setting yesterday of 65 Disc is the variable that made the difference. I feel that masking continues to be the #1 reason why many coins are still buried in hard hunted areas. Nice hunting on the Rosie and Indian Head.