Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

changing id numbers when pinpointing

Pondmn

Just got a xt70 and really like it so far. Still learning. A problem arises when I get a target id such as 42 for example. When I start to pinpoint and get the double ring the numbers sometime change to a negative number such as a -8. What am I doing wrong. I am using preset fact coin mode with auto ground balance. Any help appreciated. Jerry

Move the coil side to side slightly, like a small wiggle.

HH
BarnacleBill

the double ring you talked about might be a target that's very close to the coil. The next time it happens, see if you can lift the coil a little bit and pinpoint it better.
As far as the numbers jumping around, that's usually a good indications that you may be targeting iron. I usually turn 90 degrees and try the target again. If it moves, I don't dig it, because it's mostly likely iron. Having said that, target ID should be used to get a general idea of a target because they rarely "lock" on a number consistently across the entire width and length of the coil. Nothing wrong with your detector if it does this.