Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Changing my approach.

lasergod

I went to the beach this morning. Second time out for the SandShark. I have been using vco mode dou to wave / background noise. I lost a couple targets in the surf by not digging fast enough, rising tide or smaller scoop. The SandShark was awesome.

It appears I need booties instead of water shoes. Also starting to find a spring scuba suit. I need to stay in the trough more.

I worked the dry sand, also met a new detectorist and an older one.
Y
Finds: $3.92. Oldest was a 1965 quarter and part of a bling belly button chandelier. LOL. Going to try Again tomorrow

Check out the NeoSport booties, I've had the 5mm Hard soles going on 4 years now.
http://www.shoebuy.com/neosport-wetsuits-5mm-hard-sole-boot/465476?cm_mmc=ls-default-_-none-_-none-_-none

Get booties without a zipper. A zipper gets clogged with dry sand while walking to your car after you get them wet. Also look into neoprene socks. They help with sand abrasion. One size fits all.

goodmore said:
Get booties without a zipper. A zipper gets clogged with dry sand while walking to your car after you get them wet. Also look into neoprene socks. They help with sand abrasion. One size fits all.

No problem if you unzip b4 you get out of the water..............

I have been wearing scujba pro boots for about three ears. No problems and they have many miles on them. Tight enough when zipped up that I do not get a bunch of sand in my boots to irritate my feet. No zipper problems at all.

Unfortunately, all the advice is just that advice....it totally comes down to your feet and what you can handle. Everybody's feet are different....I would start with the above recommendations but unfortunately the one you pick may not work for you. I have had three different manufacturer's brands both high and low over the ankle, all zippered and until I got the neosports I never had zipper problems but what Bob says it true, its just a matter of unzipping them in the water. Also the neosports didn't have the support I needed for my feet but luckily they were the roomiest boot I've bought and now have gel inserts inside them and they work great....and cost a good deal less than what I had been wearing. By the way, if the zippers do clog up, don't force them or you may break the zipper pull, just pull them off your feet and using a hose, spray the zipper down at home and in less than a minute or so, you will have a functioning zipper again.

Good luck, hoping you get it right with the first purchase.

Cliff

I did get the boots today! Waiting on the spring suit.
Thanks for info. I am close to the getwetstore.
Good price and fast delivery.

lasergod said:
I did get the boots today! Waiting on the spring suit.
Thanks for info. I am close to the getwetstore.
Good price and fast delivery.
if you have difficulty getting the boots off try putting a plastic bag around you feet before putting the boot on. slides right off your foot

After going through a few different shoes, and using gel inserts in some, I found the NRS ATB Wetshoe to my liking. Good foot support, good bottom grip and stability. After cleaning out all the sand and letting things dry, I use zipper wax on the zippers. Seems to help keep them from getting completely stuck with sand, but still need to clean out all the sand with fresh water to keep the zippers moving over the long haul. Like noted, may take trying some different foot wear to find what works for you.

A good idea also would be to use food grade silicone spray. Most popular brands seem to be Trident and Mcnett. You can also use it on the cables on your detectors. The silicone spray will help maintain the suppleness of the boots and cables.

So the good and the bad! I ordered a scoop. Something larger., my first scoop is ok but seem like I was not moving enough sand in the in the water. No more excuses. LoL.
Any feedback on the scoop I ordered?

I received the XL spring suit. I found out it was not XL enough!,,,, Funny and sad .