Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charging Clip Caution

DrJoeprime

To my horror I discovered that one of the pins from the charging clip was gone!

The pins are designed spring loaded with about an 1/8 of an inch movement. Great design but be very careful to NOT put any side force on the pins and that includes touching them with your fingers! Also clean the coil covers often. They will accumulate dirt and disturb the molded "registration" lugs which align the charging clip.

I must also congratulate XP on their wonderful super quick response to my problem and a new charging clip is on it's way as a warranty replacement! I've had the XP Deus for just about 20 months now....and do I LOVE it...and how!

HH Joe

I have 2 Deus and 3 clips and they are all as good as new.

2 of them are near to 3 years old.:thumbup: Jerry.

JBM said:
I have 2 Deus and 3 clips and they are all as good as new.

2 of them are near to 3 years old.:thumbup: Jerry.

I could see that as being the weak link with this unit and having a spare is a wise choice.

Same thing happened to me today looks like they would be made a little better. I did twist up a copper wire and shove it in the hole seems to be charging fine this will work until I get another one I guess.

Jason

I have also had problems with the adapter
Fiddled around for a good fifteen minutes tonight to get a charge light
I found they are not very well made although I have taken a lot of time looking after this detector
And also very carefully as I thought from the start of owning
I have at least for now to manage to connect for a charge but will also need to order
I have had no other problems with the Deus.Fingers crossed
Regards Williap

few owners sell their deus machines so many will be handed down thru the family over the years