Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Charging WS6

DigDog

So manual shows using the charging adapter with three wire for charging the coil, remote, and wireless headphones or mi6, and the single charging cable to charge and update the WS6.
Can you use the three wire to also charge the WS6?
Its obviously a different cable as you can only use that one for updating and not the three cable so does it effect charging as well?

Attachments

• 20230410_094427.jpg
    20230410_094427.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 59
Tried the three cable nothing happened then the single and it started charging.
So the ws6 has to use the single cable

The three head cable is supposed to charge the pinpointer and the puck. Maybe you have a bad one? I'd try it on the pinpointer and see if it works or not.

--Matt

The three head cable is supposed to charge the pinpointer and the puck. Maybe you have a bad one? I'd try it on the pinpointer and see if it works or not.

--Matt
Works on everything but the puck
Manual also confirms use three cable for remote, coil, headset or pinpointer and single cable for puck

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 59
All three cables work just not on the puck
There are some bad cables. Try the one you have connected to the charging clip for the puck. I had to switch mine and it works fine now.

There are some bad cables. Try the one you have connected to the charging clip for the puck. I had to switch mine and it works fine now.
Did you get new cables or just dont use one because they all work just not with the puck. How do you explain that

Am curious as to what answer you're after? Yes you can charge the puck with the 3 cables, as my previous 2 post state. The charging ports for the puck, headphones and coil charging clip are all identical...good luck with your quest.

I don’t know how else to explain it, just trying to charge the puck with the three cable setup. I tried plugging the wires from the three cables into the puck and doesn’t charge, nothing happens. I plug the single charging cable that comes with it into the puck and then the battery icon on the puck lights up and flashes ( apparently charging) and then stays solid when done. Plug one of the three cables back in, and nothing.
What made me think to try the single cable I remember a post where someone was trying to update the puck and found out the three cable would not work bit then tried the single cable and it updated just fine. As i posted even the manual says to use the single cable for the puck.
The only quest i am on is trying to charge the puck lol. I figured someone on here would know but then as i just explained I tried the single cable and it works. Problem solved. People keep asking so i try to hep by my experience.
Do whatever works for you I guess

As per manual.
Maybe they changed the way it works between yours and mine I don’t know.

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 52
I've charged the remote, coil, and puck using the 3 cables several times with no problem. Then I'll drop back and charge the pinpointer. Once the remote or puck is charged, I'll do the pinpointer.

That's so weird. I could've sworn I'd charged my puck with the three head cable. Maybe not though.

--Matt
I use the 3 end cord. It's just that on of those ends won't work with the puck but the other will.

I use the 3 corded cable for remote , coil and puck to recharge all and after they are charged up , I charge my pinpointer. Maybe there’s something wrong with your 3 corded cable?

Ok update.
I tried the three cable again and one of the two available that fits into the puck charges it and the other doesn’t.
Ao is it bad or is only one of the three supposed to charge it?

Are you saying one of your three will charge the puck but not another out of the three?
That's the way it works for me. I keep the charging clip connected to the one that won't work on the puck.