Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatter?

mncricket

Took out the new racer today....ran gain at 70, all gb'd, Id filter at 50.....I do not seem to have to overload issue, but the longer I hunted the more chattery it got....and the batteries were reading full power...ideas on how to quiet it down...I hate chattery machines!

The overloading is not an issue, it's how the machine works. Just turn down the gain and the chatter will ease up some. Now if you are not GB'ed right it will chatter too.

What kind of environment where you in??? In DI2 or DI3??? You may want to consider turning ground tracking on.

My first time out with mine I was in DI2 70 gain 20 disc. So much chatter I thought I had a machine problem. Once I got used to it, it was OK to deal with because the good tones stood out. I switched over to DI3 and raised disc to 40. Didn't lower 70 gain. It was much quieter. You may lose slight depth on DI3 but it is a more enjoyable mode to hunt in IMO. Of course it all depends how trashy, nearby emi etc.

I've run mine DI3 gain 95 ID filter 05 in quite a few places, even in town. Machine was pretty quiet. As quiet as my CTX running high sensitivity, and definitely quieter than both my deus units in the same sites. (all kinds of electrical lines, transformers nearby).

Mines pretty chatter dosent seen to like the pro pointer either I can here more chatter when I turn on the pro pointer.

Apparently we have much worse soil than I thought...it ground balances at 85. So....am I correct in assuming that the soil may be a factor that I will have to consider with regarding to how high I can turn up the sensitivity? If so, that explains why I don't like my mxt either.....huh. Who knew!? What did people do before forums that had all the answers? Thanks all!

You might also want to try the four alternate frequencies rather than the default 03.
If that improves things, the cause of your chatter is probably EMI.