Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatty machine just started

atomicwayne

I have owned my Deus2 for a month and a half approximately. I use it every day on the beach. Today the wife came with me so I activated the speaker while using my headphones. In the past and since I have on the unit I have been able to quiet the machine and have very stable operation. I mentioned to my wife and only makes a sound when I go over a target. Well today I could not balance it out trying anything salt sensitivity, reactivity, bottlecap rejection regular sensitivity all in all was very very chatty. Not sure if it has anything to do with having operated the speaker but I am now trying to figure out what changed. I have manipulated a lot of the settings trying to get it to calm down with no luck. Coil covers clean ,ground balanced, frequency scanned Turned sensitivity down etc…Remember I have used it every day with not much chatter. Today it wouldn’t shut up! Checked it in my test guarding at home and still had the same results not sure what’s going on. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

try the mono frequency in your garden, might just be extra EMI in your area. I can't use mine at all in my back yard unless I use mono.

Try turning of any cell phones or any device that has a bluetooth setting on. I noticed awhile back my F75 being chatty. Remembered I had bluetooth on in the car and didnt turn it off and that was the problem. Not sure if leaving WiFi on would do the same thing…….

Got it calmed down today. Final fix seemed to be raising recovery speed.
Some things are not made for me to understand. Time was with analog if your machine did all that sparky chattering it went down the road. Now we're being told that it is not a fault but it's EMI and it's acceptable. I'm not buying that. I hate it and am using my Deus detectors less and less on account of it. Will try once more to silence the chatter by backing off on the sensitivity just to see if it smooths out.
g

Some things are not made for me to understand. Time was with analog if your machine did all that sparky chattering it went down the road. Now we're being told that it is not a fault but it's EMI and it's acceptable. I'm not buying that. I hate it and am using my Deus detectors less and less on account of it. Will try once more to silence the chatter by backing off on the sensitivity just to see if it smooths out.
g
I just read about chatty and performance with charts with the circles and arrows On Clive’s skill building book. A great resource ! I don’t have the equinox anymore but was into that book to find out about my problem. That’s how we learn and find out how to use these things! Bottom line chatty is Very bad! For multi frequency machines as performance drops quickly. We use to turn knobs to make our machines run sweet! Now we hope a micro chip does a good enough job. Well, these machines can be tweaked just like are old machines. It is just a matter of figuring out how . Simple test run all your beach or park programs overa series of junk and good targets you will see what I mean. They are ment to be rweeked to our own liking. Big performance differences when checking stock programs. But if you are lazy and pick any stock program to run . Good luck and find the big one!

Thanks Wayne. Looks like I'll be heading out of town to escape the EMI. I'll live with it but I sure don't like it!

Thanks Wayne. Looks like I'll be heading out of town to escape the EMI. I'll live with it but I sure don't like it!
learn how to tune it out it doable! All the programs react differently. Scroll thru them till yo get a quiet one! Don ignore the beach programs! Beach p is deep and smooth in most bad spots I have encountered. Also you can back sensitivity down some. And proper ground balance is key . I wasn’t doing it long enough then I heard the report signal when it was tuned! You will hear what I’m talking about. Good luck! Keep a open mind and figure out what the setting do,it’s not that hard only way to learn and figure out.