Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chatty Omega

taltexan

Running in Disc mode the Omega chirps and TDI jumps around over 70 sens. Also the tab that shows iron, foil, tabs, etc. jumps around. I have the 11" DD on detector. Everything calms down under 70 sens but it goes crazy over 70. I read where it will stabilize after you start swing the coil but it does not. I have used the ground grab and that does not help either. Any ideas.....Thanks

Try switching to one of the other 2 frequencies.

sounds like a sick coil or unit mine is a blessing works too well

I'm far from one who knows all about the 8K but I have a feeling that you've got the sens too high for your area. 70 is a threshold area. Once you get over that number, other factors come in. to play The experts will, I hope, explain. Don't give up, I've only got about 2 hours on mine but like it more each time I use it.
Ray

Check your cable to case connection.Be sure there is no strain on the cable. NO STRAIN at all. Check batt connectors. Make sure there is a good battery in it, and good battery contact. I know some folks who put used batteries in a new machine when they get it. That's asking for trouble. If your problem still persists, try putting on one of your other coils. Try the 10" Concentric.

Does the Omega act the same with the standard coil installed? My Omega is always noisy when the sensitivity is dialed above 90; however, the noise mitigates when I start swinging the coil.

Hi,

i`ve got the same with a chatty omega. Then i read in the manual.. ;-)

When Sens is at 70, it is at the maximum sensitivity. when you turn over 70, only the threashold level starts changing.

Let me tell you in my words. You have a border, which signals are given as a sound into the earphone and which not. surely the detector always got a sound, but the user only hear the biggest peaks. surely, because a signal ist just the different between the ground noise and the signal noise.

when you increase the sens level, you decrease the border of which signals are given as a sound... so you get MORE signals.... and the omega is getting chatty !

in the manual is no information about is it is only in disc mode or in allmetal too, but i think its in allmetal too.

so remeber.. sens 70 you are still in maximum sens !

sorry for my english, but i think you can understand what i mean.

yours,

matt from germany

So they have the Gain setting hid in the threshold? like the f-70 if this is true then you only need to increase the threshold (gain) enough to here a dime in the dirt at 9" and that is not turned up to were all you here is noise.HH:detecting: