Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cheating, the grass is always greener?

deliveryboy

I have to come clean, I have been cheating on my Tesoros. :( Recently I purchased a Teknetics Delta 4000 and an Ace250, figuring I would give VID a try. I tried very hard to love them but just couldn't love them the way I love my Tesoros. I committed myself to try and sell myself on VID, but couldnt convince myself it was worth the effort.

First the Delta seemed very nice and I saw much potential in it, very light and nice looking machine. It had great depth which overall in my opinion was the one thing I liked. I put some hours into it really trying to accept it, but ended up just being overwhelmed by the bouncing signals, trying to decipher the targets and the overwhelming beeps. It didnt take long for me to decide to resell it, I made back the $175 i bought it for. Dont get me wrong if there was a good target there it was pretty certain to be what it showed but if anything near said target it would cause the ID to bounce around chaotically and in turn discourage me from even trying to read it. Really just overloaded my mind.

Also when I first got the Delta I was excited and went to the Teknetics forum to introduce myself and unlike the friendly folks here In Tesoroland, not one person said hello to me. I gotta say this is my favorite interactive forum of them all.

Secondly the Ace250 it seemed like a decent machine, but those belltones are ridiculous! I finally found that if gold or nickel or similar item that the bell doesn't have the "twang" to it, it is more like a solid tone. Overall I got frustrated with it and put it in the trunk and grabbed my Compadre, all the stress of bells, whistles and visual stimulation left my mind and I happily finished my day finding my 15th gold ring.

I prefer a simple beep and dig machine where I can recover targets quickly and move on. The VID honestly made me feel stressed rather than the relaxing beep dig simplicity. I just honestly dont have the patience to analyze each dig. I may still shop around and try a few more brands but I don't think I will be cheating much more.

Shame on you. You are a bad boy. I done the same thing. I also tried the 250. Oh my GOD. DING DONG ! ! ! I hated that sound. I did try for one week. I also kept watching the numbers. Many times they would jump up and than back down. I have a friend that knows some one that wants a detector and I sold it to him. I am sorry Tesoro. I wont do it again.. Once you learn the Tesoros and what they say to you,
You just trust them. I kicked the bad habbit. ... KEN:tesoro:

I had the yellow beast too, before I ever had a Tesoro. Problem was that I had an awesome Garrett machine for years before that. It was the Freedom Plus 2, which had dual discriminators with a trigger pin point. Sound familiar? The thing was, on that machine, the ding dong was for trash. A good target had a solid beautiful smooth tone. It was a great machine. Oh yeah, no screen either.

My first Tesoro was a Tejon. But I thought the grass was greener too, and ended up trying all kinds of machines, a GTI2500, T2, F70 and so on. But I just didn't enjoy them like I did the Tejon. I'm currently swinging a Vaquero and a Compadre, and loving it. I will buy other machines to try in the future, but it's pretty good odds they will be Tesoros. Can't wait to see what they plan to release in 2014. I sure hope there are no pushpads and digital screens. Knobs and switches, please!!

Deliveryboy, you are lucky we are taking you back! Cheating is one thing but you went a little too far when you got that dam yellow thing. You are gonna need some serious therapy! Come on, get it together!

Thinking about cheating is one thing, but actually doing it is another. This is the time of the year us snowbound bozo's sit and surf the internet and get misled by other brands. Me included. I for sure am going deeper next season. I have been looking at the others also. Kinda like that MX5, F70, even the CZ3D. When all is said and done I will probably end up with a Cibola, Vaq, or Tejon. The thing is I can't afford to try and buy only to be disappointed. I have three kids very active in sports year round and it gets pricey. I have to chose and live with what I choose. That's the good thing about the three Tesoro's I mentioned- you can't lose!

If I do cheat though, I will come clean right away!

For sure I am getting my 8 year old a Compadre and a pro pointer this spring.

I work on high tech crap all day. Metal detecting with a simple effective detector is rewarding and relaxing. Takes my mind off work!

Im looking at a F5 and a Vaquero right now, :) will most likely go for the Vaquero though. Great to hear Im not alone on my cheating ways lol.
@neil I would rather get hands on experience then watching a video of them, thanks though.
@rainyday101 I understand that, I too have 2 sons of my own to support, fortunately I have had luck with the gold this year so have a little money to play with. :)

Happy hunting everyone.

I was also misled and lied to and got stuck with the yellow beast . I hated it :rage:more every time i used it. It does not like canadian coins at all so we parted company very quickly . then i tried a delta 4000 , its better but constant bouncing numbers made me a little:wacko: nutty . Life is good now i have my first tesoro and its paying for more tesoros :detecting:

deliveryboy said:
Im looking at a F5 and a Vaquero right now, :) will most likely go for the Vaquero though. Great to hear Im not alone on my cheating ways lol.
@neil I would rather get hands on experience then watching a video of them, thanks though.
@rainyday101 I understand that, I too have 2 sons of my own to support, fortunately I have had luck with the gold this year so have a little money to play with. :)

Happy hunting everyone.

I agree with you, hands on is always gonna be better but the vids can help you refine your choices and you would have known ahead of time about the garrett belltone and seen that alot of meters, most actually, do a bit of jumping around. I dont think its a fault with them, they just are trying to put a signature on what the coil is seeing.

HH
Neil

Hah! Takes a big man to admit stepping out on his first love! Or at least looking over the fence...those canadian coins are tough targets alright...we get some around here and I dont know how you Canadian guys that hunt them seriously do it...the Candian pennys hit really strong, its the Q's and N's that are strange..you Tee boys sure are brand loyal I must say...:please:
Mud

I hear you on that bell tone , ITS EMBARRASING, kinda like wearing a dunce hat , no not for me . and the TID tones & numbers can vary if mixed with Iron , when it comes down to what really counts the tesoroes have it , I am now trying to find a way to get a Vaquero , for my relic hunting machine. some brands i have left and never come back to tesoro is the one i come back to . Gunnar in the frozen north

mudpuppy said:
..those canadian coins are tough targets alright...we get some around here and I dont know how you Canadian guys that hunt them seriously do it...the Candian pennys hit really strong, its the Q's and N's that are strange.

The Cortes is the only TID machine I've used that was great with Canadian coins. Zincs show up in the 80's but everything else is a 95. If I would see 95 flash even once I dug it. I found that to be way easier than trying to remember a bunch of numbers and what they mean. It was a 95 or no coins. Simple. However, rings, pull tabs etc were a mix of numbers. So for me, I went back to no display and I started finding rings again. Sometimes I think about a screen again, but I don't think any further than a Deleon or another Cortes because I know they will work well with our coins.

Dan

You can make a nice inland probe out of that yellow thing.:detecting:

Its about the finds, right? So if the Compadre is putting good finds in your pouch and you are comfortable with its limitations, then enjoy it.

HH
Mike

Yep they do work well on our funny steel coins. Wish there was a dealer closer than 1000 miles away!!!

deliveryboy said:
Also when I first got the Delta I was excited and went to the Teknetics forum to introduce myself and unlike the friendly folks here In Tesoroland, not one person said hello to me. I gotta say this is my favorite interactive forum of them all.

Well, I would say the above problem is you've been a member on Finds for over a year, so nobody thought of you as a New Member, so you didn't get a newbie welcome, nothing more, nothing less!

Mark

Yup I'm as guilty as any one I have cheated with ya all too , I always end up coming back to my TEESoros! but dang ! I could never get myself to stoop down to buying one of those yellow things:rofl:

@mark fair enough :)
@woodchuck I couldnt pass it up at $60, I sold it 2 days later for $130 :) easy money

I started out with the "other guys" stuff. Picked up a compadre about 8 weeks ago. Wished I had one about 10 years ago when I got into the hobby. I would have never looked back................and yes I have a "yellow feller". At least it was made in the USA, that has to count for something, right? Sorry, I have sinned but ask for forgiveness...........

Jeff

Jazzman,

One yellow detector is just considered a mistake. Just don't make the same mistake twice!

I must confess that I, too, cheated this weekend. I found a gold ring with the "V" but I took the old Muskie out since I have the Rapoo wireless headphones on it. I did not want to put it on the V yet since I have full over-the-ear earphones on the V and the wire to the headset is taped around the shaft.

Andy from Hillsborough