Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check out this badass:

Bence

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVKUWbIE1c

The only problem is that it's bulky although maybe alright, but it's too noisy, everyone will get anoyed and I don't see how you could use this on public beaches unles there's no one there. Has anyone on this forum used one of these?

Looks nice ,but it's a dreg and in Fl. you need a permit to use it .So who going to teach this guy how to hunt in the water the wright way? I have a 99 % recovery rate with my Infinium LS. HH Ron Lord Naples, FL

I would like to see it suck up a copper spike or soda can how about a long chain Some how I feel this would take the fun out of detecting and mite become a full time job note no ocean pic's larg or small waves

:yikes: That's B.S. That machine is probably expensive, but if it is not priced too high a lot of people are gonna start using them and I fear there will be less treasure for us treasure hunters to find in the water, Its too bad.:(

This is the best way I know to have metal detecting banned in swimming places. People will really love a hedgetrimmer noise to disturb them. They will be more thrilled when they notice the chocolate milkshake color of their water. As a bonus, they may even experience an itchey feeling as various worms etc bore in their skin. They never showed the guy cleaning out the small receiving chamber, but I'm sure it gets filled quickly with the right size stones and clamshells. I give it two thumbs down.

beachmole said:
This is the best way I know to have metal detecting banned in swimming places. People will really love a hedgetrimmer noise to disturb them. They will be more thrilled when they notice the chocolate milkshake color of their water. As a bonus, they may even experience an itchey feeling as various worms etc bore in their skin. They never showed the guy cleaning out the small receiving chamber, but I'm sure it gets filled quickly with the right size stones and clamshells. I give it two thumbs down.
Also they may have added the rings to the basket as they didn't show the man opening the basket right out of the water.
I'll hunt mine the old fashion way..

The noise alone would probably get you kicked out of a lot of places. It probably could not be used in any area with weeds. If there were any shells or rocks it would probably fill up in a heartbeat. A target that was stuck in any kind of clay or packed mud would probably take a lot of gas to retrieve it, if it could at all. Fishing line and tackle would also be a problem I think. The video says that a normal hunter can only retrieve four targets in an hour in the water...that is B.S. Looks cool in the video but I think I'll pass.

Harvdog

Imagine your self with a machine like that, :confused:
Take into account when you are using this machine , you will have to carry a gas can to the site, the weight of this machine ,the amount of times it will clog on you with alluminum cans and the amount of doctors visit to take chest xrays for your lungs after breathing all that carbon monoxide and get a hearing aid after just a few rounds with it. The dam motor is right in your ear!!
You'll not only annoy people :argue:,but probably end up getting a fine for noise pollution This is just being too greedy!! :thumbdown:
This will definitely end this hobby in the water
.Why not be at peace and enjoy the tranquility and the outdoors.:detecting:

The Atlantic would drowned him on an average day of waves here in Fl. and as all gas engines do sooner or later it will leak causing an environmental problem. Maybe in a lake where no one would hear the noise it might be OK, but most places would not tolerate the noise and muddy water it would cause. Just call me old fashion, I will stick to my way. As for the people they showed as examples as how we hunt , give me a break, a long handle scoop and I can hunt all day in 3 to 5 ft. water. HH

3 to 4 targets per hour? I can load my pouch with 50 pulltabs in one hour. Give me some good clean sand with no clay, gravel or rocks under the same conditions with regards to the number of targets in my lake hunts, and I could probably do more than that.

That guy at the beginning of the video sure does make it hard on himself. C'mon, man. Get a long handled scoop, dig, scan re-dig if necessary. Takes less than a minute. No need for the hand held pinpointer in my opinion. A good scoop will make a hand held unecessary. Ofcourse, that's my opinion which is usually worth jacksquat.

Here is another thing to consider. Imagine the on-lookers that thing would draw. It's bad enough just using a detector and scoop. If you were using that thing with people around, they would be drawn to that thing like flies on you know what.

Harvdog

Bence said:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVKUWbIE1c

The only problem is that it's bulky although maybe alright, but it's too noisy, everyone will get anoyed and I don't see how you could use this on public beaches unles there's no one there. Has anyone on this forum used one of these?

I've never seen anything like it here on the beaches, but it would sure come in handy for gold prospecting in the creeks here! It's too noisy for starters (wonder if you can buy a silencer for it!) Also agree it's bulky. Kinda kills the regular detecting methods we all use. Each to his/her own I suppose.
Golden:detecting:

[size=medium]You have got to be kidding. What a joke this is. Didn't anyone notice that they said nothing about any metal detector. What was finding those items (or were they pre loaded in the basket before the demo started?). Did you also notice that there was no problem pinpointing. He never stopped to pinpoint any object. He just kept going along then pushed the trigger.

To me this whole thing sounds like a farce. I went to their web site and it doesn't even have this item there. That alone has to tell you something. :thumbdown: :rofl:

I'll pass on this one. Give me my detector, a scoop and a nice stretch of beach and I'm a happy camper. The only sound I like to hear is that of the waves breaking on the beach, not some gas engine breaking my ear drums.

Hi Fellow Hunters,

Over twenty years ago I built a dredge to use in the usually placid beach area I frequent.

I had read an article about using a machine instead of a scoop to improve retrieval rate of finds.

One trip to the beach, lugging the beast and the other necessary equipment exhausted me to the point that I was bearly able to do any hunting.

All the fun turned to work! Fun hobbies are not fun when they become work!!

I found too that there were finds that the dredge had a hard time recovering adding to the work involved.

Give me a scoop designed to "git-er-done" and I can put in hours hunting and digging and be pleasantly tired, but not beat.

No matter how successful you are at treasure hunting at the beach, you can probably make more at almost any job working.

That isn't what I wade into the brine for. I'm looking for peace of mind and an escape from the everyday "work thing" with the hope that I may find something to

brag about too.

The "super digger machine" angle doesn't fit into my fun and relaxation way of doing things at all.

I'll pass thank you,

Cupajo

great gimmick, although in my opinion contradicts the thrill of the hunt. its like fishing at a trout farm instead of the wild. i'd definitely like to try it for a few runs, but that would be it. do we not draw enough attention to ourselves with the traditional way? i can imagine going to santa monica pier with that peacock calling device & getting laughed at & kicked out from the noise. a little over board, i'll stick with my fisher & whites. they haven't done me no wrong yet.:fisher::whites::super: