Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check out this vintage detector

therover

Went to my moms today and went up to the 3rd floor (my old room) and rummaged through one of the closets.

Found my metal detector I made in 5th grade (1969) that won the science fair.

Check out the slim line control box, graphite shaft and ultra thin high tech coil design !!!!

The Roy Rogers lunch box may have some worth ..and of course memory value is priceless :thumbup:

Very nice John,

A project to be proud of and hopefully get passed down generations, bet the grandkids will enjoy seeing this gadget.

Well done, looks well made.
Paul

Paul,

I admire your work, so hearing that from you makes me proud.

Maybe I will try to dust it off and get it working as a Summer project.

That detector is truly impressive!
I'll bet it blew away the volcanoes and solar system models submitted by the other kids.
Back in the early seventies, I attempted building a kit I had purchased for around 15.00 but my soldering skills
left much to be desired. I never did get it to work, but I'll never forget it.

You're welcome John,

Yours was probably the first lunch pale metal detector on the planet, something to be proud of.

Take care,
Paul

deserve to be used again !!!