Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check this out

rexy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZuqc63zRG0

Using a Taknetics g2 coil on a x-terra 70. :clapping:

Guaranteed to work like crap, just like in his video. It's only more Russian gimmicks to separate you from your money.
And I assure you that Minelab didn't authorize it, nor would they warranty any machine that it was used on and damaged.

I understand that people want to save a couple of bucks, but after figuring out the wiring of their coil, making an adapter,etc,etc, do you really save anything?Used Minelab coils are not that much sometimes, and other times trades are in the works so you can try something new with only shipping charges involved. Like OLH said, not covered for damage by Minelab. My detector is worth more to me than saving $50.

No need to get so uptight Longhair. All he said was check this out. No need to get hateful every time someone mentions something else. I think is a bad set up to and no way would I try that. But it was interesting. Some of us just seem so hateful on here and I know for a fact that is why some people do not post on here anymore. I have even thought about leaving Minelab and the xterra forum because of it. I like Minelab. But there is other great machines out there and coils. Long hair you have a wealth of knowledge and I wish I knew my machine like you. But you can draw a lot more people to the forum by just deleting the thread instead of getting rude. I'm am not mad and I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I have great respect for you. If I am out of line please delete my post.

Sorry to have offended you. I didn't see it as hateful at all, but just my observation after actually watching the video. The depth and response were far from acceptable, not to mention anything else.

It's just digital foolery, and the only way that they get away with it is because of the Xterra's all digital design. You can't take a coil that is tuned for one frequency, run it on a machine running a different frequency just by adding a patch that tricks the machine, and expect if to work even reasonably well.
It's the same with ham radio. You can retune a 10 meter antenna or amplifier to work on 11 meters, but there's no way that you'll get the same performance from equipment built for a 33ft wavelength on a band that operates on a 36ft wave.

As Bill pointed out, Minelab coils aren't that expensive, especially if you buy used.

I could go off on the whole piracy thing again, but I'd rather not. I decided that I'd rather point out the more obvious reasons that the video gimmick is a bad idea.

Anyone else?

Thanks Longhair. I'm sorry I took it as that. But what you just said made a lot of since to me. I never thought about it like ham radios. Yeah I'm the same way I thought the performance on that set up would be greatly lacking. Thanks for making it more clear.

What the heck? The link is to a 3.5 year old video that is still waiting for its first comment. The guy is Italian as best as I can tell, where did Russia come in. He gets really poor IDs at 3 to 4 inches by adapting a coil from a non-ML to a X70. It works, but at what 30% efficiency? This project makes as much sense as adapting a Prius tire on a Camaro and driving 5 mph. Yes, it can be done, but WHY??? .

pasttom said:
The guy is Italian as best as I can tell, where did Russia come in.
You're right. I had my volume down low while watching it, and assumed it was a Rusky video, since so many of this sort of thing are.
Really doesn't matter though, because it still isn't worth the bother.