Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Check this out

Vegas1

Thought this was too cool not to share with the group

Attachments

• 20240319_141018.jpg
    20240319_141018.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 20240319_141035.jpg
    20240319_141035.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
Thats a Relic Mag 7 automatic from the looks of it from Compass. I believe they were used in the late 70 and did a excellent job for me. I think it found more silver and my 3 silver dollars were found with my Releic Mag 7 .
The automatic part was the threshold didnt need retuning , but could tune out a target if you kept going over the target. Love my 7 and was hard to trade it in for a new Teknetic 8500 B which I didnt like until I learned it well, then loved it as it got lot of nice coins in the area I work well with my 7.

Rick

Yep Rick,

I have the Compass Coin Magnum of the same era. Very similar. Heavy, extremely un-ergonomic, took 12 AA batteries and chewed though them quickly, not very deep, very slow response on the meter...... But it seemed able to ignore nails co-located with other targets. I fired mine up a couple years ago and tested the response with nails. I need to give it some TLC and get it usable and try in some iron infested areas.

Chris.

Hope to make it to your bar this summer.

I used RM 7 back in the mid 80's. Pretty good machine for the times. Still have it, I should see if she still fires up