Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Checking In!

Goldstrike

I occasionally check the posts here and on the todays finds forum to see what I've been missing. Being we are still in January, it looks like most of us are waiting until the weather get's a little warmer! I still have the passion to detect but it's kind of a challenge when the weather continues to be in the 20s and 30's here in Southern Utah (Cedar City area). I've got a week long reservation in Southern California next month and I'm so looking forward to that! Even 60F-70's F temps are warm to hot in comparison to here, so you'll catch me on the beach everyday detecting and breathing in the salt air! You always go hunting with high hopes but I've been detecting long enough to go with the intent to enjoy myself by enjoying the scenery, the sights and sounds (especially the beach)! and the people you meet as well. I hope your all enjoying your trips with your detecting gear and like many of you, I'm just waiting for some warmer weather and the ground thawing out here to be able to dig it!!

Good to hear from you Goldstrike, and Best of Luck to you on your trip to Southern California next month. Great to see someone posting on this thread for a change.

Confetrit said:
Good to hear from you Goldstrike, and Best of Luck to you on your trip to Southern California next month. Great to see someone posting on this thread for a change.

Thanks Confetrit ! There is no doubt that good 'finds' ie gold and silver rings, jewellery, relics etc; are really hard to come by these days. A lot of us are tempted to spend good cash for the latest and greatest detectors but even armed with those it seems, we still are having a hard time finding the good stuff! Or at least the forums indicate that that's the reality. Someone stated that people are just not wearing the gold jewellery like in times past and I believe that's true. I also think that maybe we need to be opportunist detectorists and always be on the lookout for sidewalk tearout's and old homes being abandoned, old buildings including schools being shutdown and schedhuled to be demolished. Parks sometimes fall behind in maintainence because of budget restraints, get overgrown and sometimes are sold to be re-developed.
Anyway, it all depends on where in the US you live and what state, geographics i.e. rural, modern etc etc. I'm very envious of those living in the Eastern States that have so many older sites to choose from (depending on permissions to detect)! I've made a goal to get back to the beach as often as I can for as long as I can this year!!! I'm tempted to just post past finds encouraging other's to do the same to inject some enthusiasm on this forum and to encourage all of us to get back to the hobby we all love...detecting!! There is nothing like the thrill of finding a valuable piece of jewelry, a nice old coin or coin spill or an important relic!!!...Let's make it great year!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm getting excited! The temps are rising in Southern Utah and today it actually crept up to 51F!! Feels like a heatwave after a lengthy spell of snow and ice for many weeks. I actually might fire up my Safari and see what's out there to detect!! I'm heading to the beach for a week in 3 weeks time so I got to get my equiptment up and running and get that gold and silver that others have missed!!! Looking forward to a change of scenery very soon!!