Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chest mount for CZ3D ???

Has anyone seen a chest mount for a CZ3D that is being made today? I think it would be way more enjoyable to be able to hunt with a 10 in coil on just a stripped down rod because of the weight. I have looked all over the internet but gathered no results. If anyone has seen one that will accommodate the CZ3D box please let me know. I love the CZ but that the extra weight the 10 in coil puts om the forearm is killing me. I suppose I could go to the swingy thingy, but would at least try to exhaust my search for a chest mount. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A hip mount would also be acceptable. Thanks and HH, Bill

I guess the XP Deus has made a wus outa me... lol

You go this route, look for the Sunray 12" loop for a CZ.
http://www.fortbedfordmetaldetectors.com/fisher-chest-mount
or this:
http://www.metaldetector.com/fisher-chest-harness-1280x-cz21

The mount in question is for the digital models only...none that I know of for analog CZ's....At least no commercial mounts...maybe some homemade solutions....

This was posted in another forum site by someone named "juit"....it is available at Walmart as a tool pouch....be sure to remove the magnet if you buy one...not a chest mount but it will still lighten the load

TD/Bill

Just call them, ask for Rubi Martinez

Rubi Martinez
Customer Service Manager, N. America
First Texas Products
Bounty Hunter | Night Owl Optics | Teknetics
1465-H Henry Brennan Dr., El Paso, TX 79936
Phone: 915.633.8354 Ext. 171 | Fax: 915.633.8175

She will let you know how to order one. If that fails, PM me.

I just saw one on ebay for 13 bucks, thanks for sharing DonM!

That's the sole reason I sold a Tom calibrated and certified 11" CZ5. The S rod configuration with the 10.5 coil was a wrist breaker. Fisher had it right with the digital CZs and then for some crazy reason went back to the S rod for the 3D. I went to a lesser depth CZ70 for that reason. I will say, the Minelab hipmount bag for the Sovereign fits the CZ control box well. I didn't figure this out until I had already received payment for the CZ5 I had and was boxing it up.

I went to an opposite hip mount. I mounted it on a web belt on my left side. I bought a Sunray probe cable extension. I ran it up the shaft and around behind me to the unit. My right side is open and I just lay the rod down out of the way and recover my targets. Seems to be working out great.

Don

Can you uploat pics? The one from walmart is a homerun, i can carry my shovel pointer probe & fill it up with findings :)

cometguy said:
...I bought a Sunray probe cable extension.

Don

Where did you find this cable? I need one too for my Sun Ray inline probe. i can't imagine hunting without it. There just something about have a pinpoint probe that is using the same tones and batteries as my main loop! Hip mounting it would just make me a very happy and less worn out dirt fisherman!