Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chest mount kit for MXT

Rudy

Anyone knows of a chest mounting kit for the MXT?

Sorry, Rudy, there isn't one available. But it wouldn't be overly difficult to fashion one from the right parts. White's sells an upper rod arm assembly, with cup, and the extension cable; then all you would need to do would be to affix a belt clip, and d-rings (for waist strap) and then you've got it. HH jim

Jim-
Would that be the 'kit' for the XLT etc? I don't see just the rod with handle or an extension cord other than one for early models- some 1988 and before.
In one place the kit says DFX --wouldn't that be the same for the MXT ? ( looks like it might be a mistake, tho).
I'd like to see a hip mounted battery pack- that could be easier to do and still lose a good deal of the case weight.

-Gary

this is the reply I received back:

"Thank you for e-mailing us at Whites Electronics

You can use the SL kit 802-5259 for $49.95

You would have to drill two holes for the bracket.That hip mount kit is the
only one that will fit at this time.
Hope this helps."

I have a square bag that my MXT fits in. It has a strap that goes around my waist and a strap that goes over my shoulder. The bag rests on my left hip and the display sticks up out of the bag so that I can see it . I can hold on to the grip with the trigger with my left hand. I got a 5'coil cable extension from Whites and I have an arm cuff and upper "S" handle from another detector. This makes for a great combination. Whites needs to look at this. It would be very easy for them to make and sell for the MXT. :clapping:

Hey Steve,

I think you got something there. Somewhere in my garage I have an old Army gas mask bag that fits your description. I'll have to check into the other pieces. Thanks.

The bag that I used was from a back-pack that was held on to the back pack by velcro. It was on the bottom of the back-pack. It is insulated and has a water proof lining with a zipper top. It is rectangular in shape and about 6" deep. The top zips all the way around, so that it can be zipped up and only the display and hand grip with the trigger sticking out. The coil cable and head phone cable comes out of the front where the display sticks up. It also keeps the moisture and dirt out of the control box. When I get back from vacation next week. I will try to get some pictures to post of it.