Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Chevy Emblem

bday

OK all of you bowtie lovers. Let me know what this is. I found this yesterday with Bryce, while hunting a site that I have researched for years. I was a little disappointed with our results, but any day that you can go hunting with a friend is priceless regardless of results. I am including a photo of the site and you can see my astonishment at our lack of finds.
Thanks,
Bob

Bob...that cleaned up NICE:thumbup:

Still not sure exactly what it is...but also still feel it is an emblem that was mounted on something...instead of the info in your email...although the info is getting closer.

I have been searching everywhere but haven't found anything on it yet. As per your email...I think you are definitely narrowing it down...but haven't quite nailed it yet.

We'll get it figured out:thumbup:

I think Norman nailed it. There was a picture of this dealership on flicker but I couldn't save it. This was the text beneath it. Couldn't find a pic of the emblem though.
Congrats :thumbup: on a great find and an awesome site. I'd be hitting that place plenty, coins or no coins.

Peacock Chevrolet Company Dublin, GA

So what's that '56 or '57 Corvette doing all by itself out front? This is obviously a 1960 scene, so the Vette has to be a used one. Too bad it's no longer available. Peacock had been a Chevy dealer here since 1926.

Looks like Chevrolet used a peacock in their advertisements for the year 1927 only. Now I just have to figure where it went.
Thanks,
Bob

My guess it may not be indeed a car emblem and may have come from a plaque, but on the other hand my dad's 32 plymouth had something similiar on it if my memory serves me right after all these years 65 or so.....as I was 6-7 when he had the plymouth...No stickon's in those days they were rivetted on..