Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Choice of a park coil for an Explorer 2?

Hi all...

I am in the market for a new coil for my Explorer 2 and want one that can do very good target separation in not-so-clean (read trashy) parks. Currently, I have a 15" WOT coil on my Explorer and a stock 10.5" coil sitting gathering dust after getting a good drenching (still don't trust it but seems to work fine now). I have narrowed down two possible contenders, Pro 11" or the Sunray X-8. Both seem to be excellent coils for the task so I need to make a choice one way or the other. Being in Australia, our selection of coils is often not optimal and the 11" is cheaper by about 25 bucks Aussie but I've heard so many good things about the X-8 that the extra money probably would not go to waste. I even thought about the Minelab 8" but if I can get the X-8 instead, I'd choose that one. Interference is a possibility also but they both appear to have a good handle on that too.

Think of this as a "if I was stuck on a deserted island surrounded by pristine well-used over the years parks, what coil would I want on my detector?" question. :bouncy: I mainly like to do hit and run park detecting where I go in, detect a few hours in the wee hours of the morning and then head home or work. I know the WOT coil can do detecting in parks but appear in the parks here with the Big Orange Thang and the officials may have second thoughts about letting me in. :lol:

cheers and thanks...Keith

n/t