Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Choice of Deus

JBM

I met a very nice guy from the USA at a UK rally and this allowed me the opportunity to have my first hands on try with his CTX3030.

Iam so pleased that I chose the XP Deus and did not wait for the CTX 3030 as I would have wasted a lot of money.

He had a surprise with the Deus being ultra lightweight and with its super fast recovery speed.

Please note that Iam not knocking the CTX3030 but its a case of "Horses for Courses".:thumbup: Jerry.

I didn't think you were knocking the CTX at all Jerry. I actually own both the Deus and CTX and I think there is a time/place for both machines. I still do not believe there is one machine on the market that is best at everything (hence many of us are constantly on the hunt for another machine). The Deus certainly has its perks, but then so does the CTX. I do have to say that I am sure I will not be replacing the Deus with anything else any time soon. The Deus fills a very specific list of needs for me that no other machine can. It's lightweight, extremely portable, lightning fast recovery speed and general ease of use will allow this machine to stay with me until it dies. I think the "best" machine is the one that best suits your needs. I know some guys that hunt with ancient or "cheap" detectors and they do great with them. Why? Because they know their machines so well. Some of these guys tried some newer detectors and hated them. Point is, learn what you have, and learn it well, and then it won't be nearly as much about what you have, but rather how you use it. I hope I didn't set myself up for some cheeky responses with that last line.

Either way, I am glad to hear someone that states that they are happy with what they already have, as that doesn't happen too often. It's human nature to always see greener grass on the other side of the fence and it takes a specific person to appreciate his/her grass for what it is. Sounds like you found your match and I wish you many great finds with it. HH -Marc

They actually did a very nice job with the CTX. Everything needing attention on the E-trac got updated. They even added some new features and upped the performance.

But Deus and CTX are 2 very different animals. I use both as a beach detectorist. Deus is great on the light sand full of air, CTX hits deap and acurate on the wet stuff.

I have the DEUS. My girlfriend has a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2. I've been hunting on and off since I was 6. I'm now 48. She has been hunting for the past 6 months and is 30 with no previous experience. She finds just as much cool stuff as I do and her digs are about %90 accurate. As a matter of fact if she says it's a dime , you bet it's a dime. I have a lot to learn with the Deus, I'm new to it and am on here because I am trying to figure out all of it's amazing features. Like I said, I have a LOT to learn about this machine. The point is well made, that once you know your machine it isn't as important as the maching itself as it is the detectorist knowing his or her machine.