Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Choosing a GPS hand held

Steve O

Hello everyone, I need help choosing a handheld GPS for metal detecting. I don't want to spend more than $400. I'd like one that's rugged and water proof ish. Easy to use. You guys that have used many brands for detecting probably have a better idea of the best one to buy. Thanks.

I use a Garmin Dakota 20. It's water resistant, rugged and does everything and more for what I need and it's within your price range. Just Google it and you will get a ton of information.

Thanks guys, I'll check those out.

I'll second the recommendation for the Garmin 60 CSx. I've got one with the Topo Maps installed and it's all that I need.

A freind called me awhile back and Walmart must have been doing away with the TOPO maps CD's and I got the set for $13!!! Loaded them in the GPS and works great.

You definitely smoked me on the $13.00 price tag for the Topo Maps. I can't recall what I paid... but I think it was in the ballpark of $80.00 for the map sets back in 2008???

Yes, My buddy called me at wrok and I high tailed it over to that Wal-Mart. He said there were 2 left, but by time I got there only 1 was on the shelf. They sell for $89 for the set.