Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas Day Finds pic

rooster61

i finally was able to get a pic for todays finds..37 quarters,29 dimes,1 nickel, 8 pennies...oldest was a 1965 quarter..

very nice hunt Good job!

Very Nice Hunt.

Yesterday was not my day. Went to the beach with my Son and his Wife. Our total finds were only a couple of dollars in clad. I found one quarter and two dimes to go along with a bunch of crusted zincs.

Beach was sanded in and the Surf was roaring. Wind was actually blowing sand down the beach. Now they are predicting rain thru the weekend.

Not the way I wanted to end the year.

Nice bunch of finds! Real close with that 65 quarter. :thumbup:

Don't you just hate a '65 quarter? Only one year away from silver!! Darn good haul, anyway~!!

Regarding the black tarnish........a little bit of Wright's Silver Polish, water, (optional teaspoon of ammonia) and some aquarium gravel in a rock tumbler will get them looking good again. I wouldn't use this method on anything but clad, however.

rooster61 said:
Thank you all..i do have a question...how do you get all the black tarnish off the quarters and dimes?

Soak your clad quarters and dimes in cheap dollar tree toilet bowl cleaner for 15 mins.
Rinse really good.
Then run them in a rock tumbler for an hour with some water, aquarium gravel and squirt of dish soap.
Don't fill completely.

They will come out ready to spend!