Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christmas Gift Idea!

kochevar

I have a Christmas idea that fits in our metal detecting hobby very nicely. The Glenn Beck show recently interviewed the author of the book The Christmas Jar. As I understood it, the book tells a story about saving spare change all year and putting in jar. At Christmas the idea is to give the jar of change to a need person or family with them not knowing were it came from. It shows that a little effort all year long can make a big difference in someone

Would be nice to do that for others, but I think most of us do many things already to help others! I know I've been helped financially and spiritually by others and I have tried to encourage and bless those in need and most of us are either spiritually, emotionally and/or financially in need in some way or another!

I don't MD any more....only went out once this year....soooo don't have clad coins to add up and donate....and I use credit cards and seldom use money to receive change back! But this is truly a good idea for anyone who wants to save up for the whole year and then do something special in Christ Jesus' giving love! :angel: God Bless! Ma Betty

Great ideas! Two years ago our club passed the hat for a needy member in the club and raised some well needed funds for their family. This year we are doing it again for another member in need. God is good, all the time!

God bless.
Mike

At our church we have a "Change for Change:" collection. Idea to take change from ones pocket and put it into a separate offering than from the tithe and offerings collection. Seems up until recently I always had change in my pocket and even a jar I put pennies into...small coffee glass jar had over $9 almost $10 in it - so what a better way to get the best use of coins.

I have found a use for a pile of coins I wanted to save once. My wife's Mother was going to pay for the meal for everyone at our wedding. Suddenly she had financial problems and no money to pay for all the guests food....we got married and ate at a Chinese restaurant. We love Chinese food. Anyway, I gathered up most of the clad coins and used one of those Coinstar machines to convert it all to cash. We had more than enough now to pay for the guests and our food at our wedding banquet. So guess what I am saying is a lot of us have clad in an abundance where if we used it as you suggest - excellent idea - it could make a big difference.

Welcome to the forum. Didn't catch your name but welcome. Where you from? We have people all over the world here and always nice to know if there is a possible detecting buddy nearby. God bless and have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and yours.

Great idea for a club to do.I bet the spare change even from a club group is very significant and makes a big difference in someones life!
God Bless, Jim from MN

Welcome Jim from MN! May God Bless and keep you and your loved ones safely protected and provided for always! :angel: Ma Betty