Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Christopher_Ohio - your PM mailbox is full...

monindou

Hi Chris,

I originally tried to shoot you this in PM but your inbox is full, so I posted it as an RE to the thread on the Ex2-1050 coil but the message didn't bump to the top so I'm posting it in a new thread.

I got out ahead of the 2" of snow that came on us and I gave the Ex2-1050 a two hour test drive on a small yard that hunted no less than 40 hours with my DFX last year and what I found was...

1891 Indian penny (G)
1901 Indian penny (XF+ - full Liberty, full ribbon, lightly corroded)
1916d Lincoln (F)
1944d, 1945, 1948d Lincoln
1910 V Nickle (XF - full bold Liberty and curls)
1937d Buffalo Nickle (VG - 4 legs : [ )
1943p Jefferson Nickle (VG -35% silver)
1951s Roosevelt
1880 - 1900 woman's hat pin, ~6" long, ornate gilded top, brass pin
1880 - 1900 butter knife with 3 very strange monkey type images pressed into the handle
1960's style costume broach
Copper funnel, smashed - I'll toss it into the copper/brass bucket, at $3.xx/lb. on copper why not?
Steel campaign pin about the size of a 50 cent piece
A handful of modern money - pennies and dimes.

I was running Semi-Automatic Sensitivity and by default I've been able to run it at 32 with the Joey, x12, and x8. In this yard I was able to run the SE at this setting on about 50% of the yard. But when I got closer to the house and into more nails/iron I pushed the (semi-auto) sensitivity down to 20 and was able to work without a ton of nulling. And finally, when I was working within a few feet of the house I pushed the (semi-auto) sensitivity down to 16 and was able to keep working.

I'm going to have to say that there is nothing wrong at all with the coil, and it's only fault is that the Ex2-1050 is TOO HOT!!!

I feel like a flipping idiot because I didn't push the sensitivity down on my first hunt with this coil. I guess I was sold on Semi-Auto just "handling it" with the other coils that I forgot one of my cardinal rules - "Come on Doug, just figure it out knucklehead, it can't be that hard!" Now there still may be something goofed up on my SE because Semi-Auto didn't take the sensitivity down to a point of stabilisation and reduced nulling but it's not let me down with the other coils yet. For consistency sake I may go back to Manual Sensitivity, only time will tell I guess.

Thank you for standing behind the sale, support, guidance, and offer of extended help I really appreciate it.

Take care,
Doug M.

BTW, I'll get some pictures up on those things as soon as I can.
I'll also put up the pix of 1929 SLQ (9"), Merc(7"), 1926d Lincoln (14" - no kidding) found w/ x8 on 3/21;
1904 Indian (6"), 1936 Merc (8") found with Joey on 3/21;
1908 Barber half found with the Joey on 3/24.

The sad thing is one of my son's is back home on leave from the USAF... he's using my DFX that I gave him... and the old bull is whooping his butt with the SE. I realized last fall after 4 hours with the SE... it's time to sell the DFX and the extra coils I had for her and get another Explorer so I can get people to hunt with me instead of having them watch me drop to my knees every few feet to pull something good up out of the ground.

Wow, Great Finds!!!!:thumbup:

I've just been getting ALOT of PM's lately regarding Minelab items I was selling and about Fisher CZ-70's...haven't taken the time to clear them out. I sincerely appreciate your follow up about the coil and the post along with sharing all your great finds...I truly value the relationships and trust developed on this forum over the years. I always try to underdescribe the condition of items I sell here and on ebay, package everything substantially, give good deals, and the most important thing to me that everything is perfectly clean before it is sold as a courtesy to the buyer... most appreciated...Happy Hunting :detecting:

Chris