Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola / Compadre Comparison

CladDog

I don't have a Compadre right now to make this comparison.

If a Cibola and a Compadre, both mounted with 5.75" concentric coils, were to pass over certain gold targets, including gold chains, does anyone know/think there would be targets the Compadre could hit that the Cibola could not?

I know the Compadre has a certain advantage here due to its true 180 ED all metal capability, but assuming they both had their discrimination set at or just at or below IRON, would there be a difference?

I am really curious to know everyone's thoughts on this.

No.

Theres to much emphasis placed on the compadres 180 disc and its operating freq. I tested a compadre against a vaquero, a deleon, a cutlass II umax and a bandido II umax and the ones that responded the best to small gold in disc with small iron knocked out were the bandido II and deleon. The others were so close it wouldn't make a difference in a purchase.

Ground balance makes a difference. Coil size/type makes a difference. When your talking about the small difference in freq between say a compadre/cutlass/Cibola its just to close. The disc range makes a difference but the 120 disc is very capable at finding super small gold, the kind of stuff most of us are after at parks/beaches/tot lots.

I've always been partial to bigger gold! :lol:

The more I use my Deleon, the more impressed I become. It's audio is great, it's depth is great, it's light, the batteries seem to go on and on.

Stop it.

You're going to make my buy one before the Cazador comes out.

dan b said:
I've always been partial to bigger gold! :lol:

The more I use my Deleon, the more impressed I become. It's audio is great, it's depth is great, it's light, the batteries seem to go on and on.

Dan,

I don't own a Tesoro but had read sometime back about how good the depth is on the Vaqjerk is that I've considered buying one. Currently I own a ctx 3030 but on small gold items it's not so great, and thought it would be fun to have a Tesoro to use around the total lots and basket ball courts in parks, to find gold with the Tesoro and silver with my ctx.

I haven't kept up on Tesoro technology, I know they've come out with some new machines and it sounds like another is in the oven based on an above post, sounds like your DeLeon is everything the Vaquero is and more?

Thanks!

Why wouldnt Khz be a factor here? 12-vs 14.3-.5.7? I can't say enough positives about any of the Tesoro units as they are all excellent. My Compadre's are both modified however. Just to pull both off the shelf with an 8'' coil and a 9x8 and do air tests or garden tests. Depth in MHO would obviously go to the Cibola however hitting the smallies like earring backs. I'll take the Compadre. Not in depth but in sensitivity .

Sensitivity....I have a compadre , when you can hold a handful of dirt that the detector hits hard on and your propointer can't find the target and you can't see the target..........wow very impressed with Tesoro!

cladcanada said:
Sensitivity....I have a compadre , when you can hold a handful of dirt that the detector hits hard on and your propointer can't find the target and you can't see the target..........wow very impressed with Tesoro!

Did you end up with anything besides a handful of dirt? Just curious, was there actually a target, or was it highly mineralized ground?

Yes I did have a "good"target in that handfull of dirt,part of a silver earring stud.

Also found gold item # 3 yesterday and lots of 925 jewelry this year

I did some testing awhile back using a very small gold necklace. The Compadre bested all my detectors except the G2.

The little Compadre wasn't too far behind the G2 in detecting the gold necklace. The Cortes and the Golden