Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola finds silver maybe??

digginLa

Got out for a couple hrs this afternoon at a local school I've been hunting. Was hoping to search around one of the basketball courts for some gold but there was standing water around most of it and otherwise the ground was still saturated after all the rain and ice we've had so I decided I wasn't in the mood to get sopping wet digging a bunch of trash and turned the disc up just past zinc. On most of the trash I dug I knew it was a bad target from either the size of the signal or the short broken sound a lot of iron makes when the coil passes back and forth across it. I did get fooled by 2 smaller pieces of iron and the bottle cap. As for good targets ended the day with $2.76, 7 quarters, 10 dimes and a zinc penny. Had a good signal on the bracelet but thought it might be trash due to the size of the target but decided to dig it anyway. It says 925 Italy on one of the clasps so not sure if its really all sterling or just plated. Also came up with a token for an amusement park so all in all not to bad a day.

Nice going! :cheers: Those grassy areas around basketball courts will payoff for you if you keep the discrimination low and keep digging.

tabman

I didn't find anything right next to the court, the bracelet was around 8' or so away from it and I only found 2 coins there. Everything else was found between the court and some mulched playground equipment or in an area out to about 20' on 3 sides of it, ran out of time and didnt get to hunt the backside.

If you run like that, set the disc to where tabs just break up-tip from Jack himself. The silver will increase as well as the depth and you won't find much more trash than what you did here. 925 is silver. Good hunt.

Thanks for the tip I'll have to give it a try. Had hoped to try and look for some gold but the ground was just to wet to be doing a bunch of kneeling so maybe it will have dried out by next weekend. Found a Chinese site selling the exact same bracelet for $4.47 so not sure just how good it really is. Ahh well at least it was jewelry of some kind.