Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cibola Head Phone Jack Problem

This morning my Cibola was working perfect as it always has. I bagged it up and moved to another location this afternoon. When I plugged the headphones in I had no sound. I unplugged the headphones and the speaker was working perfect. I can get intermittent headphone sound by wiggling the connection, but it keeps cutting out. I tried 2 different sets of phones and kept having the problem.

So, there is an issue with my headphone jack. Has anyone had this happen before? I have an email sent to Tesoro about sending it in, but thought maybe someone knew something I might could try so I don't go without my detector for awhile.

Thanks.

Hi pamlicopanther - One possible cause could be a cold solder joint. This may happen if the tab on the headphone jack was not completely clean when it was soldered. It's not uncommon, but to correct it, if in fact that's the cause, you need to open the unit, maybe remove the phono jack, unsolder the solder that's there, then clean, and re-solder. Again, this is one cause, and to be honest, if you do not have experience soldering, you should have some who is do it for you. Another cause might be a bad 1/4 inch phono jack, if that's the case it would have to be replaced. We don't like being without our detectors, but Tesoro will do a great job for you.

Thanks Mike. That is pretty much what I expected to hear. I will just have to be patient. Might be a good time to upgrade to that Tejon I have been wanting.

Just make sure you plugged in the right headphones to your detector.Not just any headphones will work.The headphones must have a stereo jack plug or a stereo /mono switch.If you happened to grab a mono jack pare or if the stereo /mono switch got knocked to the off position they will not work.I just mentioned this because it can happen so easilyAlways keep a eye on your jack plug also,the plastic nut can unscrew itself.This happened on my Tejon.If it unscews itself you can pull the wire off the back of the jack terminal plugging in the jack.If you do have to send it in,you can unscrew the control box from the shaft and just send in the control box for easy shipping. :-D

Thanks for your suggestions.

I did make sure of the settings. Both of my phones are on the right setting. The jack screw is still good and tight. I think I just have the unlucky misfortune of having my jack fail on me.

I sent Tesoro an email yesterday and they have not responded. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a reponse form the?

If you can call during business hours (their business hours in Arizona), you will probably get someone. I've had issues getting e-mails responded to too; but a phone call gets pleasant help on the other end.

1.. You stretched or strained the cable near the plug and it is shorted out.

However, if you tried more than one set of headphones, it's eliminate that possibility.

2.. In the process of inserting and/or removing your

About 18 months ago my Cibola did the same thing. I sent it in to Tesoro. I told them that I thought it posible that a wire had come lose or the contacts had an issue. Rusty tested it, called me and said it was not showing the problem for them. He went ahead and resoldered the wires. Its worked fine for me ever since. Don't know what the problem was. Still using that same headphones and they work in other machines just fine. Don't know but the issue went away.

Called today and got someone after 2 rings. It sure was nice to get a person from the start instead of some machine asking me to waste several minutes to enter numbers that never get your question answered.

Great customer service at Tesoro.